- You're such a big, strong boy! From the first day you were born, you've held up your little head! In the last month, you've also started to sit up for a few seconds when we hold you, and you love to try to "stand" when I hold you up straight and put your feet on my legs.
- Nursing has become second nature to you. You caught on so quick, which was such a relief to me! I love the time I spend with you nursing. You make the sweetest and funniest noises when you eat. I wish I could record the sighs and grunts you make while you nurse. You definitely vocalize when you're enjoying your meal! Sometimes you get "crazy head" when you're really hungry and your frantically looking for something to latch on to, moving your head from side to side like you're starving. You eventually find what you're looking for and then you're happy.
-So far, you love your car seat and fall asleep in it the minute we put you in it. Let's hope this lasts! You also like car rides and going on walks in the stroller.
- You know your momma's voice and immediately turn your head when you're awake and hear me speak. My favorite time of the day is when you're awake. I hold you up, facing me, and we talk. I sing you silly songs I make up or we play kissy toes (when you push your feet up to my face and I kiss your feet). Your expressions are priceless, and even though you can't speak back, I know we're communicating in our special way.
- Everyone who knows your dad knows that you are your father's son. I like to say you're his "mini me". Daddy is one handsome fella, so I'm happy you look like him! I think you're getting momma's brown eyes though! You also move all around in your sleep - another trait you picked up from daddy! I'll put you down for a nap in your crib, and when I check on you, you've moved into a completely different position. Little bed monkey.
- You're our little squirt. A nickname bestowed upon you after countless diaper changes. When the cool breeze of fresh air hits your bum during a diaper change, you can't help but pee (we've gotten used to covering your little wee during a diaper change to avoid getting sprayed) or you squirt a little poop while you're being wiped. You like to keep us on our toes. And while we're on the topic, it seems your favorite time to poop is when you're nursing. You get a very serious look on your face, stop sucking, and then bam, you poop and go right back to eating. Silly guy.
- Bathy time is your favorite activity so far. I'll never forget your first bath. I was so nervous, but you handled it like a champ and put momma at ease. You love the warm water and even love having your hair washed. I can't wait until you can splash around and interact more!
- You hate lotion and cry anytime I put it on you. Even if it's warm, you still squirm and cry. You also hate beanies or anything on your head, but you love to have your hair played with! Nothing relaxes you more than when momma runs her fingers over the top of your head.
Baker, you have changed my life in ways I could never have imagined. You're such a good baby and have brought so much joy and love into our lives. I can't wait to see what the future holds.