A friend of mine chronicled her pregnancy week by week, and I always thought that was such a fun idea to look back on, so I'm doing the same!
- Tomorrow marks 16 weeks! I can't believe I've had this baby in me that long. Everyone is telling me to go to the mall and visit one of those fetal photo places to see if they can tell what I'm having, (since my doctor appointment isn't until October) but for right now, I'm ok with not knowing, even though I'm dying to decorate this nursery!
- I'm finally starting to feel relief from the nausea! I went from feeling pukey 24-7, to now only a few hours a day, and my energy levels have shot way up! Thank you 2nd tri!
- When did you first feel your baby move? I'm 99% sure I've felt the baby move a few times. I was at work the other day and it was a few hours after lunch, when I suddenly felt something weird deep inside my stomach...fluttery almost. I immediately paused what I was doing and of course, it went away. About 30 seconds later, I felt it again. It's the strangest feeling in the world! It stopped for a bit, so I pushed back, and then felt it again! It was amazing and so neat. I've felt it here and there since then, and I look forward to more movement and stronger pushes!
- My bladder has officially shrunk to the size of a pea- I have to go to the bathroom all the time! Oh, and I've learned to brace myself and squeeze my legs together when I sneeze so I don't pee a little (isn't it too early for that!?).
- My doctor told me I probably have rhinitis of pregnancy, which explains why I feel congested all the time. The humidifier and saline spray helps, but it really hasn't been terrible- just a little uncomfortable, as I hate not being able to breathe through my nose and I sound so nasally.
- I'm feeling moodier than ever these days (sorry honey) and find myself either totally irritable or weepy or super happy all the time. Those three emotions go in waves, and at all times, I feel totally out of control of them.
- A few people have told me to buy a body pillow for night time, and I'm starting to think I should. I worry about sleeping on my back, but my body just naturally wants to lay that way. We finally invested in a king size mattress (don't ask why we waited so long...it's mahvelous) but I still find myself tossing and turning at night. Oh, and my dreams keep getting crazier and crazier, but I'm okay with that...just not the tossing and turning. Suggestions??
- I crave skim milk and potatoes like crazy. Weird, right? Mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, boiled potatoes, etc. I gotta have 'em.