Sunday, February 12, 2012

{V is for Valentine}

I spent most of my day yesterday (Saturday) at my letter press class up at the UofU and loved it! (Well, aside from the lady that wanted to trade cards and then gave me a sheet of hers that was smudged and crooked, after I had given a sheet of one of my best...live and learn, right?) 
Aside from a bad trade, it was such a neat experience being able to choose the type, set it, and then actually press it! I was amazed at how simple the process was, though very time consuming & labor intensive. (Now I know why it's so expensive!)
If you ever get the chance to take a class, you must! I hope to do it again soon!
Here are a few examples of the cards I made. We printed on 5x8 sheets that were perforated (like real old fashioned valentines!)
I love them so much and spent so much time on them, I almost don't want to give them away! I'm thinking I'll frame a few and use as decor for Valentines Day.

 Tonight, my mom hosted and prepared a delicious Valentines dinner - heart shaped meatloaf, seasoned red potatoes, and a strawberry spinach salad. Yum! After dinner, we decorated sugar cookies. I love our traditions and the effort that she puts into carrying them out- thanks Momma.

5 comments:

i'm jess said...

I would love to take a letter press class! Your valentines are too cute! That is so sweet of your momma, those cookies look delish!

lifeinredshoes said...

I love letter press and think it's great that you are taking a class!
And your mom? She's the bomb :)

Handyman said...

Good to know about your blog and i love letter press and its great that i taking a class.
Thanks for sharing with us.

Courtney Snowden said...

How awesome are your cards!!!!

Handyman said...

Good to know about your blog and i love letter press and its great that i taking a class.
Thanks for sharing with us.

Handyman