Wednesday, January 18, 2012

{picking up a few new hobbies}

The Utah Valley University Community Education catalog just arrived and I spent awhile last night circling this class and that, deciding which one I wanted to take this year. I have taken the digital photography class (which was great because it taught me how to use my camera better, but the teacher was kind of a grouchy man), and I've thought about taking cake decorating (I love me some cake), but since I'm watching what I eat, I decided on water coloring. I've always been fascinated with it, so I'm testing my artistic abilities!
I'm also taking a letter press class and I can't wait!!! I adore letter pressed prints & I can't wait to make a few of my own!

Are you interested in taking some classes too? Check out your local University for Community Education classes! Many of the school districts offer classes too (I've taken everything from upholstery to jewelry making where we soldered our own silver rings!) Here are a few link. Register quickly as classes start soon!

Granite School District Community Education
Utah Valley University Community Education
University of Utah Continuing Education
Sycamore Street Letter Press Classes

7 comments:

Megan said...

This sounds so fun! Shan, call me! I'd love to do a class with you! :)

Jill GG (good life for less) said...

I got a set of watercolor paints for Christmas and I absolutely LOVE playing around with them! It is such a fun medium to create in... enjoy!

i'm jess said...

Those classes look like fun! I started taking sewing classes a few months ago and I love it! So glad I finally made time for me to do something fun that I had wanted to do for a long time!

pollydove said...

What a great idea! I really haven't thought about stuff like this. I LOVE your images! Have fun with which ever one you decide to take! (That 8 cent Christmas stamp is to die for cute!!!)

BECKY said...

super cool! you'd better show us some of your stuff!

cathycan said...

thanks for giving the links! have fun!

Courtney Snowden said...

Oh letterpress, how I love thee...
Have so much fun enlightening your right brain!