Saturday, November 19, 2011

{Featured Project: Before & After Kitchen)

I love me a good makeover, so when my friend and former interior design classmate Aubrey posted pictures of her new kitchen, I had to share! I love Aubrey's style. It's clean, sophisticated, and classic. She has an eye for great design and it shows!

This was her kitchen before- good bones & nice Corian countertops, but she wasn't feeling the blonde maple wood. 

 And this is the after! I love, love, love it!
 
After painting the walls a lovely taupe gray (dove grey to be exact), they had a contractor come in and refinish all the cabinets in white, except for the island, which she painted navy blue. Then they added satin nickel cap pulls and knobs and finished the space off with a white staggered subway tile backsplash, complete with light grey grout to match the existing countertops.

Isn't it lovely? I'm totally inspired! Aubrey, thanks for letting me share your beautiful kitchen!
You can find more of Aubrey's designs at Designs by Aubrey


6 comments:

modern jane said...

Awesome awesome awesome! I love a good kitchen makeover!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Looks fabulous. It looks so bright and clean. I have those same blonde maple cabinets. I transformed mine with dark paste wax, now they are a lovely honey color that I can live with. Hugs, marty

cathycan said...

Wow! I love it, too! It gives me hope for my own kitchen, what a difference paint and tile make!
I don't know if I would call the island paint Navy?

The Laidlaws said...

Thanks so much for the feature! :) Love you girl!!!

Suzie Thomas said...

Kitchen countertops is one of the most desirable property improvement projects for several homeowners. A brand new kitchen increases the value of your property and makes your life simpler. The very first step to your new kitchen is to set a budget.

Suzie Thomas said...

The most beneficial price on the counter leading you might be seeking.
Discount countertops have proven to be a wise investment for any homeowner. Clever design and planning enable homeowners to Advantages of granite without the traditional expenses.