Thursday, October 27, 2011

{as of late}

My poor, poor craft room. I used to craft in there...and then it became more of a storage room/toss messes from other rooms in there and shut the door type of room. I hated it because I'm a big believer in utilizing all of the rooms you have for their intended purpose, and I'm pretty sure when this house was built, they wouldn't have put a window in a storage room. Know what I'm sayin? So I've been cleaning house, big time. I had so many "could be" projects in there that I had forgot about and now I just don't have time and to be honest, some of the projects I wanted to do, I'm not that into now. Funny how your style changes, right? I'll post somethings tomorrow on here to see if any of you want them for a steal!
In the mean time, this is what I've been working on. The closet portion of my guest/craft/maybe nursery someday room. I wanted to put a desk in my closet, but the built-ins didn't really accommodate, so I did what any crafty girl would do. I tore out half of my closet. And it was a blast! Seriously, hitting the crap out of those shelves was therapeutic. Andrew thought I had gone mad, and I probably had to be honest. My clomid dose had doubled and if you've ever been on a high dose of that shiz, you know what can go down!


So here's the before...
 During...
 and after...well, most of it.
I hand painted the stencil, which I thought would be easy (Other bloggers that had done the same thing made it look sooo simple. They lied. It was a pain in the butt...and  my wrist.) Just don't look too close, k?

The light, shelf, brackets, and magazine holder are from Ikea. The magnet frame is also an Ikea frame. Love me some Ikea. I'll explain how I did the desk later, when the entire thing is finished.
 P.S. Speaking of Ikea- the same day the hubs and I were out shopping for these supplies, a reader approached me out of the blue and told me how much she loves my blog! I was so shocked someone actually read my blog and recognized me! So, thank you dear reader, for making my day and for the sweet compliment! You made me feel awesome. :)

6 comments:

cathycan said...

wow, just goes to show I have no idea what my children are up to!! WHEN did you do all of this? I love it! what is the sewing table? and I love the stencil. You are a wonder!!

paula said...

Shan....this is a genius way to guarantee a pregnancy! Why didn't you think of it sooner? As soon as you get this closet/sewing/craft space finished and you love it....BAM-you'll get pregnant and you'll have to rip it out or re-do it to accommodate the baby. No kidding. It's like one of the crazy laws of the universe. You watch....I'll be right.

pollydove said...

I love this Shannon! I can't believe that is a stencil either. I totally thought it was wallpaper. So great job (even though it was a fat pain). My home office is exactly as you described above ... and every weekend I tell myself I need to (at the very least) get started organizing it. Good thing it's the weekend again. :)

Evette Mendisabal said...

Love your craft closet, and the stencil.

BECKY said...

great job!

The J J Glenn Family said...

YOu are freaking amazing. I have to tell you that the other night Cam and JO did an enrichment for my ward on design and they had a slideshow with a bunch of your pics from your blog. You should be proud!! You are so talented Missy. I love your " Got Get Em" attitude. I love that you just DO! LIke tearing up that closet. I wish I owned so I could do things like this. ha