Monday, September 26, 2011

{Halloween ideas, courtesy of the internet}

I love Halloween. Besides Christmas, I'm pretty sure I have more Halloween decor than any other holiday. I love the colors,  the spookiness of it, the parties, and of the fun decor ideas! No matter what store I go in, I have to browse through the Halloween section and I usually end up buying a glittery spider or a black crow (which, btw, Dollar Tree has neat crows for a buck!) I'm always looking for new ideas and thought I'd share a few of my favorites I've found via the internet. 
via Martha Stewart

Martha Stewart is a great recourse for ideas. When I was 14, I would check out Martha Stewart Living Magazine from the library and photocopy the craft ideas or "Good Things" and kept them organized in a binder for years. Now, I save the ideas in a file on my computer! It's much easier for organization and easier to find (although I still do have that binder full of photocopies!)

For the past 3 years, the hubs and I have thrown a Halloween party. Each year I say I'm not going to do it again, and ever year, I give in and start planning. When I stumbled upon these cute skeleton invites, I started seriously thinking about another party. 
via Martha Stewart 

 Lately, I've also found lots of ideas while flipping through magazines as I wait at the checkout stand. One magazine I've never picked up, Family Circle, had a ton of cute ideas! They even have a PDF file you can download with all of the cute templates & clipart they used! 
via Family Circle
via Family Circle

What are some of your favorite Halloween craft ideas? Send me your links or pictures and I'll post them!

7 comments:

{B} said...

Family Circle can be surprising! I love those skeleton invites, very old school aka elementary school '87. :)

Jen said...

I love halloween too! Thanks for the links-cute stuff!

cathycan said...

Love those skeletons!! wouldn't a coffin shaped envelope be COOL!!

dnA said...

Have you seen the latest Martha Stewart Halloween magazine? My friend Jessie has been working on it for the past year and its finally out!! Very cool costumes & recipes in it.
{I totally have a MSL binder with good things in it too!}

Shan @ Design Gal said...

Mom, coffin shaped envelopes would be so cute! And Danae, I LOVE me some Martha Stewart! How fun for your friend to work there!

Jess said...

Oh all that stuff looks awesome! I wish we celebrated Halloween here in Australia like you guys do in America

pollydove said...

So CUTE! I want a mantel!!!!