Wednesday, August 24, 2011

{an unexpected package}

Every day on my way home from work, I stop at the mail box at the top of our street. It's one of those community mail boxes where everyone has a key to open their little cubbie, and it's one of the small highlights of my day, getting the mail. True, most of the time it's full of bills and grocery ads, but every now and then I get a magazine or even a letter from a pen pal (Yes, I still have pen pals- I signed up here). Even better than a magazine or a real, handwritten letter is when you find a key in your mail box. You see, it's a rare occurrence to get a package, and when you do get one, the mail man puts a special key in your mail box that opens an even bigger mail box. It's an exciting thing to see the key sitting in your box, especially when you're not expecting a package.

So imagine my surprise today, when the key was in my mail box! Woo hoo! Who sent me a package!? Maybe an early birthday present? Did I win a prize? Had I ordered something I forgot about?

I put the key in, turned it, and opened the door to find this....
What the heck.......baby formula? Who sent me baby formula? I started to think that maybe someone had sent a present in a baby formula box, and they probably just forgot to wrap it, or maybe they were just lazy or forgot, you know, because they were taking care of their baby. However when I opened it, it was bonafide baby food.

All I could do was laugh. I really don't remember signing up for any thing where I'd get free baby formula and I thought it was kind of ironic that I would get it, given my infertile state. When the handyman got home, and I showed it to him, he looked confused and then said, "Are you pregnant?"

Uh, no babe. I wasn't upset, in fact, all I could do was laugh- it was the most random thing to find in the mail. Heck, maybe it's a good sign of good things to come! *crossing fingers*

But in the mean time, if you know anyone who needs baby formula, let me know! Rather than holding onto it, it makes more sense to let someone use it!

12 comments:

Aubrey said...

This is a good omen!!!!

Rachel said...

I'm glad you could laugh about it and I vote for good omen. It kind of reminds me of the time my brother was sent some feminine hygiene products. His name is unique and I'm sure someone somewhere thought it was a girl's name. I laughed about that for days and days.

McCall said...

I've gotten similac befor too. And it was way before I had Libby. I wonder how they pick and chose who they'll send it to. So random!

April said...

hahaha.We'll use it if no one else needs it. I supplement Little Lillian with that. Plus, I've been wanting to see you!

Courtney Haynie Smith said...

I was still getting things when my "baby" was like 2. I am actually preggo with twins right now though and would LOVE to have it. Whats the expiration date? I should have the babes in January. Never too late to start stocking though. I actually happen to live in your brother and Ashlynns ward as well so you could just send it with them;)

{B} said...

Wow, your week just keeps getting more entertaining!!! LOL Awesome.

The Marquardt Family said...

your a good woman! Stuff like that makes me cry! I am glad you could laugh! Fingers crossed for you xox

Lisa K said...

I could totally use it! That's all Kylie drinks/eats.

Tai and Joe said...

If you don't want it I use that exact same one. I could pay your for shipping it to me. the advance was is $21.00
I think your OB has something to do with it.

cathycan said...

couldn't you make pudding with it or something? protein shakes?? ; )

Heather at Happy Chippy Junk said...

Take it to the food pantry!

Bernadette @ b3hd said...

You have such a great sense of humor about it all (smile). I need some of that to wipe off on me. Especially if that would have been in MY inbox yesterday (we (aka - HE) gets packages all the time - so much they actually do just leave them on our porch now), I would have lost it. I tell ya. The irony of life (smile).

Still laughing about the pants post (smile). Sorry.