Tuesday, August 30, 2011

{Finally! A project!}

I had a thought today - Remember when I used to blog about all the fun projects I did? You know, way back when I had time to do them? Ah, yes, the good ol' days! Well, I've been missing the feel of a power tool in my hand & the smell of wet paint, so I decided to make time for my creative side and tackle a few projects!

First on my list was this- it's one of the doors from the armoire in my bedroom that I decided didn't need doors anymore. I loved that it had three panels and knew I could do something with it, and then one day, it just clicked! The hubs is always asking me to write things down on a calendar so he knows what's going on and I'm always making lists (aka chores for him to do), so what better place to jot 'em all down than here!

As you can see, I painted the border white and used chalkboard paint in the center. I called my friend Karlie for the vinyl & she printed out exactly what I wanted! Then I used a few picture hanging hooks and hung it up in my kitchen. Pretty nifty eh? Just don't ask how often I erase it and write down the menu every week (let's be honest people- it looks cute the way it is- why mess it up? Maybe someday when I have kids and they ask what's for dinner, I'll jot it down weekly for now, it's Fajitas every Monday)


P.S. If you have a project you want me to feature on my blog, send me an email! I'm sure everyone would love to see what you've done, especially since my projects are far a few between!

7 comments:

lifeinredshoes said...

I've been missin these posts. Glad to hve them back :)

BECKY said...

looks awesome!

pollydove said...

That's awesome Shannon! I love it!

Alyssa said...

I love it! I've been *thinking* about doing some type of chalkboard for months and months. Sigh.

.jimaie.marie. said...

I really love this!!

Karlie said...

Turned out so cute! Love it.

The Atkinson Family Blog said...

I LOVE this! I want one just like that! Amazing job!