Sunday, July 10, 2011

Oh, no! This is a hijack!


OOOOOweeeeeeee baby! A little hijacking going on here!( insert evil laugh)

You forgot to sign out last night, dear daughter, so I will take this opportunity to type up an impromptu post! And it's not even your birthday, hehehe!

Through your travails with infertility you have kept me laughing, albeit, often with a tear in my eye. I know that some may feel uncomfortable with your intimate look at examinations, procedures and body parts, but we are cut from the same cloth and tend to "put it all out there". With that said, I enjoy your candor and I know others do, too. I look forward to the day when, describing your delivery, readers might think, "ewwww, t.m.i!"

Your ability to find humor in the face of disappointment and struggle makes you special. I remember your Young Women's Leaders laughing and loving the way you could smile and laugh while delivering a tearful, heartfelt testimony at girl's camp. I love you for that!

You are tender, hilarious, loyal, intense, hard-working, resourceful and beautiful. Just seven of the hundreds of reasons I love you! Mommaloo

11 comments:

Breezy said...

I couldn't agree more.. Shan you are terrific!!

Shannon said...

Thanks for making me cry! Love you too Mom- thank you for being my biggest fan!
xoxo
Shan

The Brady Bunch said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

lifeinredshoes said...

We all need a Mom in our corner. So glad you have yours :)

Katie said...

So sweet! Moms are the BEST!

Tara said...

This is the cutest thing ever!! Shannon you are so wonderful and you've a beyond amazing family. It's the best!!! <3

pollydove said...

Yay for your mom! That is an awesome, random, unexpected post for you, huh?!?!? LoVe!

The Marquardt Family said...

LOVE!

Sue Langley said...

Shan, You have a great blog and I have to confess,...I've done a bit of hijaking myself. I reposted a photo of the typewriter with succulents in it on our fb page with a link back to you. We're already getting some nice comments. Hope you don't mind!

Sue
'Flea Market Gardening' on FB

Miriam Ika Marshall said...

i love this post!!! you are awesome, and loved by many!!

Amanda said...

you guys are amazing. You dont know me...I am just a girl who lives in Utah that follows your blog. My husband and I are going through the same thing right now ... so to hear you tell it makes me laugh and gives me hope!! Go on with your bad self and share your stories cause they are touching my life!!! Thank you!!!