Thursday, June 16, 2011

{sister wives}

What up blogging world? It's been awhile. To say that I've been a little distracted lately would be an understatement. Between keeping up with all my wifely duties and trying to make a baby, I haven't had much time for anything else, let alone blogging. I've been so busy in fact that I'm seriously considering a sister wife.

I'm sure you've all seen the show on TLC, Sister Wives. My friend Ali got me thinking about this and said it best when she described the show.

"Basically, this show is like Big Love come to real life! Cody Brown (who sports a male lion’s mane) is married to 4 ladies. But here’s the catch, all the ladies know about it and are totally down with it. The 4 wives are: Meri, Janelle, Christine and Robyn (in that order in case you are curious). And together they have 16 kids! Whoa! (Blossom Ref.) They all used to live in Utah in one gigantic house (it was basically 3 houses in 1) and then the state started a legal case against them so they high-tailed it to Sin City."

Sure it's "illegal" and "frowned upon" but let's be honest- when you think of the benefits, it really makes sense. In pondering potential candidates, I made a list of qualities my sister wife would need to possess...

1) She must thoroughly enjoy doing laundry and all it entails (i.e. sorting, washing, folding, & putting away).
2) She's gotta be a clean freak (meaning borderline obsessive about cleanliness & finds great joy out of cleaning & picking up after me & the hubs)
3) Two words. Master Chef. After a long day at work, I'd like to come home to a nice, hot, nutritious meal.
4) And of course, she's gotta be attentive & easily amused. If she's gonna be my sister wife, she's gotta laugh at my jokes!

I know what you're thinking. Why don't you just get a maid and a chef? Because peeps, sister wives do this stuff for free! You just invite them to the family, and voila, you've got a buddy helping you out with everything! The only part that gets me is the man sharing. I'm not sure I'm down with that, but I'm sure we could work something out (like she could accompany him to the hunting expo & I'd get him for everything else *nudge nudge, wink wink*). Of course we'd have separate houses (two houses to decorate, yay!) and eventually I'm sure we'd also get a show on TLC, make a ton of money, and after that I'd have enough to pay a real maid/chef and I'd send the sister wife off to help another hormonal lady in need.

So who wants to sign up?

4 comments:

pollydove said...

You are funny Shan! I always tease Sophie that I am going to marry Cody and be wife #5 because he seems to make his women happy (and that's a big thing) and he's pretty cute! She gets quite upset at the idea and says that would not be fair to her!

(And I have had another gal in my ward say that she would totally take me as a sister wife ... I'm thinking about it for the same reasons you are ... only I would definitely want to be wife #1 and choose anyone else, so I guess it really isn't going to work out for me.)

paula said...

15 years and 5 kids later....we'll see how you feel about sharing the sex too. Just imagine, you'd never feel guilty or bad for "having a headache" or being too tired. You could just send him to the next room (or house) and you'd never have to hear him bitching that "he never gets enough." HA!

Elizabeth said...

How come they never make tv programs about a Wife with lots of Brother Husbands lol?
I think the Sister Wife thing would be a nightmare (mainly for the poor bloke hehe).

Amanda said...

find one for me with the exact same qualifications please!