Wednesday, June 29, 2011

{los angeles wedding}

My cousin Chad got married over Memorial Weekend in Los Angeles. It was such a beautiful wedding and I'm so glad we decided to go! We were on the fence about attending after the hotel/flight deal fell through. In the end, we decided to make a road trip out of it and it was a blast!

Chad & Allie got married in the Los Angeles LDS Temple. I love the architectural design of that temple & the location is perfect. It sits right on top of a hill, smack in the middle of downtown Los Angeles. The weather was perfect too, which made for a great wedding day! It was so neat to see Chad and Allie get married. Their love story is one of a kind and they're perfect for one another. Chad was so sweet lovey with Allie. I love seeing newly wed couples who can't get enough of each other and I love to see a groom look at his bride with googly eyes! Ah, love!
The reception that evening was held at Allie's cousin's house in Yorba Linda. The minute I saw the house I fell in love with it! Not only was the outside amazing, but the inside was a designers dream! (That'll be a whole separate post!)

The reception was absolutely amazing & I loved every minute of it! Everything was so Chad & Allie- vintage, youthful, and FUN! They both love In-N-Out burgers and had them cater! Ordering a double-double, animal/protein style at a wedding was definitely a first for me, but one that I thoroughly enjoyed. They also had a milk shake station set up, yummy pies, delicious mixed fruit & my favorite, mini Martinelli's (which also happens to be Chad's favorite drink)!
The whole set up was lovely and everything had a vintage touch. I loved the little mason jars used to serve the fruit and the adorable mini chalk boards, the vintage books, wild flowers, burlap, distressed, antique furniture, etc.
Chad's little brother Ryan wrote and performed this sweet song as part of his best man's speech. It was awesome!

8 comments:

McCall said...

oh my gosh! i love that dresser for the gifts and cards, with flowers in the drawers. how awesome! looks like you guys had fun. jealous!! :)

pollydove said...

This all looks absolutely adorable! My friend had IN-N-OUT cater her son's graduation party too. Great idea! Glad you had such a good time. ;)

The Morrisseys said...

I love it! I grew up in Cali and always planned to get married in the LA temple and have In-N-Out cater the reception. Instead my family up and moved to Idaho my senior year, and I met an Idaho boy...well the rest is history lol

Jen said...

beautiful!great photography too- love the shot where he's looking at her...

.jimaie.marie. said...

This was such a beautiful wedding!!! All the details were just perfect! And In N Out!!! Ahhh, seriously, what an awesome wedding- I'm jealous I didn't get to attend! ;)

cathycan said...

It was fun! and so pretty! Of course reconnecting with some of our long-lost relatives put the cherry on top! Eating at Canter's was the whipped cream! AND seeing one of my best old friends as we came out of the LACMA was a sweetly serendipitous moment!! Fun,fun,fun!!

The Brady Bunch said...

So fun! I want to get married again.

camille creates said...

So awesome! I can't wait to see more photo's.