Monday, April 18, 2011

{on life lately}

Do you ever watch After Lately? It's a show based on what happens after the television show "Chelsea Lately" (kind of behind the scene stuff) and it's wickedly hilarious. I was thinking about my life the other day, and how if I had a show that showed all the behind the scene stuff, I think it would be hilarious.

We started a quote wall at work (even though it's more of a quote paper that hangs out side of my cubicle) to document all the hilarious things people I say around the office. For example, last Friday a co-workers little boy's were at the office, when one scared the other. They squealed and ran downstairs laughing. I sighed and said out loud to a quite office, "Oh to be a little boy again..." Seconds later, a burst of laughter came from a few cubicles behind me, and soon everyone was cracking up, including myself. I didn't even realize what I said until we were all rolling on the ground. Sometimes I feel like we are an episode from The Office. I would be Michael Scott, naturally. And I know exactly who would play Meredith, Kevin, Pam, Kelly, & Dwight. I'd elaborate, but I've read about bloggers who blog about work (i.e. Dooce) so I'll stop there. Talk to me in person and I'll share.

As of late- the handyman and I have been trying to get pregnant. It's been a helluva time and after shopping around, I finally feel like I'm really getting the answers we need! My doctor is uh-may-zing! Seriously, I almost started crying in his office as we spoke from feeling so relieved that I finally found a good doctor! All I could think was, "Glory be, I finally found a fertility doctor that I like!" He's so nice, soft spoken, but not timid, and very funny! I'm anxious and excited to see how things go!

I've also been busy taking engagement pics and working on wedding invitations! It's been so fun building my portfolio & designing custom invitations, even if it does take any spare time I have! I'm working on a website, but if you know anyone who needs invites/announcements in the mean time, let me know! So anyway, that's what's been going on lately.

Hope you are all doing well! xoxo
Shan

4 comments:

The Author said...

you need a like button on your blog. I'd like this one twice.

BECKY said...

best wishes! i hope you have an awesome summer!

paula said...

You are so funny. I love reading your blog girl. I was wondering if you'd been trying to get pregnant based on some of your little comments on facebook and here. Good Luck....it will work out. I'm so glad you found a Dr. you like and trust. Now you're designing invitations? You busy girl. Take Care and stop by my blog sometime....I haven't heard from you in awhile.

paulishedyou.blogspot.com

pollydove said...

I had the same thought about my life the other day too Shannon! But it might be more of a comedic tragedy! At least you have some laughs and good times at work, right?

I am sending you lots of positivity to help in your wish to get pregnant! Glad you found a doctor you like ... makes such a difference! xo