Wednesday, February 23, 2011

{recieving flowers}

Wow...I posted on the first day of the month, and now it's the second day to the last! Where does time go!? This month has been incredibly busy, but it's one of my favorite times of year! After the hustle and bustle of Christmas, the only thing to look forward to is Valentines Day, unless you don't have a sweet heart, then it's not much of a holiday to look forward to! Lucky for me, not only did I have a sweet Valentine (aka the hubs), I was spoiled by good friends too! The "Day of Love" shouldn't just be celebrated by romantic lover, but by all people who love and care about each other! I used to love buying my friends flowers on Valentines Day, so they'd know someone was thinking about them and cared about them! And really, after a long, dull winter, who doesn't like to get someone something so pretty and bright!

A couple of months ago, I lent my good friend Karlie some pieces from my milk glass collection. She owns a floral business called Garden House Floral & was putting together a photo shoot using the milk glass. What she came up with was beautiful!

When I picked the pieces up from her earlier this month, she thanked me by giving me this beautiful, unique arrangement! I was thrilled and it added something fun and bright to my living room.

On Valentines Day, my good friend and coworker McCall surprised me with this beautiful jasmine topiary- it was a thank you for recovering her daughters chair and it couldn't have come on a better day! It was so cute and Valentine-sey! Everyone who passed my desk oooo'd and aaahh'd over it. It was the perfect gift from such a good friend!

7 comments:

Beth at southernfriedliving said...

Gorgeous arrangements! I want a friend like that!

Karlie said...

Only because YOU are such a good friend. Thanks Shan. ~Karlie.

BECKY said...

great pics!

Breezy said...

What beautiful arrangements! Fresh flowers always make people smile!

cathycan said...

To have a friend, you must be a friend!
I'm with you, Valentines Day should be LOVE Day, not "Lovers" Day. EVERYONE should enjoy Valentines Day and not feel it's just for couples!

devid pul said...

Nice Collection


Home Remodeling

Laura said...

How pretty! Karlie is so talented! :)