Tuesday, February 1, 2011

{powder room}

It's just about done! It's come a long way from this...

....to this!

I took the cupboard doors off & painted all of the vanity wood white. Then I replaced the doors with a skirt- it's the same fabric I used in this project. I just sewed a little pocket at the top and slipped a tension rod through it! Simple and easy!

We also installed some new lighting! The old "Hollywood dressing room" lighting wasn't cutting it. I knew I wanted something different and I loved the industrial/nautical look of this light! Its actually an outdoor light, but it works just great in here! And for $27 it was a deal! Yay for Home Depot!

I'm hoping to find the finishing touches this weekend and then I can show you the final product! Here's a peek of what I had in mind!
Shells in a jar,
simple, glass soap dispenser,
& french wire baskets for storage!

16 comments:

cathycan said...

oooh, mama like (literally) hehe
don't know that I'm crazy abt.the use of shells...I'm personally sick of beachy accents, too vacation condo looking. I LOVE that you didn't go all WHITE with a little touch of some light, light pastel, I'm sick of that look, too! guess I'm just a grump but I LOOOOVE the room!!

-Kasey said...

Love it. It looks great… I think the shells; glass and wire baskets will look perfect for that little space. I am also on a hunt for a glass dispenser just like that one for our Kitchen.

Junker Newbie Stephanie said...

Love it so far! The use of an outdoor light was a great idea!

pollydove said...

Looking good Shannon! I LOVE that light fixture!!!!

Karlie said...

LOVE!!! The color on the walls is to die for.

Laura said...

It looks fabulous, Shan. I just love it. I love the curtain idea under the sink. And I really love the light!

lifeinredshoes said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

The Marquardt Family said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE! You need to start your own show! I would watch EVERY day and steal your ideas! xoxox

The Brady Bunch said...

You are an inspiration to me to be creative! But my brain just doesn't come up with cute stuff like yours does. I'll just keep living vicariously through you.

Ashleigh said...

Classy color combo. It is flat out gorgeous!

Ashleigh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Breezy said...

Sooo Lovely!!!!

Cyndi said...

Shan! This is so cute!! I love the colors and the light fixture!

Donnie and Kristi said...

love it!

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

Hi Shannon! Don't know if you remember me or not, but I live out here by Shelley and we got to know each other at the craft nights she used to have. Anyway, I just found your blog again through someone else's' and couldn't resist taking a peak! Love, love, love the bathroom. I swear everything you touch ends up looking amazing! So impressed!!!!!

modern jane said...

I love that light fixture! Great makeover:)