Monday, November 1, 2010

{Halloween Party}

After the whole tail bone fiasco, I wasn't sure if we were still going to have our Halloween party. I sent most of our friends a text that night, telling them I was in the ER and the party was tentative. When I found out it wasn't broken, I sent another text, saying the party was still on. I mean, other than being really sore, I was fine. I if I stood, I was okay and decided I could stand most of the night.

Luckily, I had most of the stuff already available and ready to go. All I had to to was arrange it and it would be done. I decided to do a Halloween dinner party and turned our family room into our dining room.
It was love at first sight when I saw these Halloween Japanese lanterns at a party store & I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them. I didn't have quite enough to fill in my centerpiece so I drew stripes, polka dots, & bats on some plain white lanterns I already had. I love how it turned out!
The branches were from my parents back yard. Remember the freak snow storm we had a couple of weeks ago? These are from that storm! They were the perfect length though and fit just right in my glass container. The candlesticks & votives were ones I had collected from thrift stores & I had the purple tulle left over from a past project. I loved how it turned out!
The guys- clockwise from left -a plug, z-bra (he had a black bra on earlier with big black balloons), Ron Burgundy, Hippie, Iron Chef, & a BP Oil Worker.
The gals- clockwise from top left - Veronica Corningstone, an outlet, bumble bee, cat, hippie, Flo, & Iron Chef.
Pretty cleaver costumes, eh? The party was a hit!

10 comments:

McCall said...

ooooh. such a darling dinner party. i'm sad we missed it. looks like good good times!!!

paula said...

You know how to throw a party! I love the table setting. You did such a great job. I hope your bottom side gets feeling better soon girl. You and your friends are adorable!

Laura said...

LOVE the table. Wow, you are so talented. And everyone's costumes look great! Props to you for still hosting your party!

pollydove said...

It does look like a fun party! And I LOVE those Chinese lanterns! I can't believe you drew on the white ones - well, yes I can - you're amazing! Fabulous table!

Jen said...

You always throw a GREAT party! And the decorations looked even better in person!

Mands Glenn said...

I was just daydreaming about how wonderful it would have been to be eating at your fabulous Halloween dinner party. The decorations were so clever. Loved it! Loved all the cute costumes too.

dnA said...

I LOOooVE the lanterns and your centerpiece. Looks like a fun party, and glad you're not broken.

Barry Cann said...

Did you mean "clever"? Or were you making a joke about cleavage? Or a big knife? :)

Regardless, great decorations, sis. I'm glad your bum is feeling better.

Cyndi said...

Shan! The party decorations are so cute!!! You're so talented! I'm sorry to hear about your bum.. I might have laughed a time or two while reading your post though. You sure do have a way with words. Hope you're feelin better! Love you!

Lisa Rusczyk said...

How cute! I love what you did with the branches! And you don't have to store them!

Lisa

http://charlie-the-cavalier.blogspot.com/