Wednesday, September 8, 2010

{1st Birthday!}

First Birthdays are a big deal, and when my friend McCall asked me to help her throw a cupcake party for her baby girl, I was thrilled! After getting a little inspiration from here here, McCall asked me to design some fun invitations, cupcake toppers and labels for the cupcake party!

McCall also wanted to find a cute cupcake shirt for Libby to wear to her party, and after looking all over with no luck, we decided to just make one. While it might look a little hard and intimidating, it was so easy! Seriously, a little heat'n'bond goes a long way! Even if your sewing skills are lacking, you can make this shirt! (You can find the pattern we used here.)

Brandi, McCall, & Me...
(funny story- I knew Brandi in high school....well, I knew of her. She was a year older than me, but we were in the same FCCLA club and went to Florida together for Nationals. I thought her and her friends were the bomb-dot-com! I mean, she was always so nice and fun and actually talked to the younger, junior girls. So naturally, when I found out she was McCalls sister in law, I was thrilled! They're both such fun, cute gals!)

Giant cupcake before....

during....

and after!


Time to get cleaned up!
Thanks for including me in your special day, Libby! It turned out so cute!

14 comments:

cathycan said...

so cute! Wish I could see the ill-fated chair.

lifeinredshoes said...

It all turned out so cute! What a good friend you are:)

Ashley and Brian said...

so cute! I love the cupcake toppers you created! I like your graphic style. What a cute party.

paula said...

Cute! That was one GIANT cupcake. I've seen the infomercial for that and wondered if it really cooked up to look like a giant cupcake. My nieces have been begging their mom for that for about a year now. You are a good friend. I can only imagine what the party will entail when it's your own babe.

McCall said...

your comments are right! you ARE a GREAT friend! thanks so so so so much! i loved it! what a cute post too...you're good at everything. ;)

The Marquardt Family said...

STOP IT!!! Tooo cute! Love it. Hey shan can you email me? I dont have your email I dont think and I need to ask you a question.

Thanks babe

val said...

what a darling party. i just love your blog and never miss a post! my little lucy is turning one next week....any chance i could get that cupcake topper template?
val.bateman at gmail dot come

Faith, Trust, and a Little Pixie Dust said...

Adorable party! Love the cupcake theme.

Warmly, Michelle

Robyn Reynolds said...

You are the best party planner. You need to plan my next birthday!

pollydove said...

You really did do an amazing job on all those adorable party "accessories"!!! Great pictures too.

That is kind of crazy about Brandi!

Karlie said...

Darling! Libby is the cutest name! Love it all!

fontgirl said...

This is so cute!! You did such a great job planning this "cupcake" birthday. I can't wait to read the rest of your blogs!

Barry Cann said...

You are so dang talented, sis!

Cynnamama's Cafe said...

haha! that is soooo cute!