Tuesday, July 6, 2010

{you still like me}

Sweet Michelle over at Faith, Trust, and a Little Pixie Dust nominated me for...
She sent me an email letting me know and gave me the nicest compliment saying, "Yours is the first blog I ever followed & I've enjoyed getting inspiration from you!"

That just made my whole week! In fact, I got a little emotional reading it. I used to be so passionate about my blog, and I miss it. Thanks for reminding me why I blog Michelle!

PART OF THE DEAL:
7 Little Known Things About Me . . .

1. I feel awkward around new babies. I was never one of those teenagers that saw an infant and was like, "Oh!! Let me hold your baby!" If I did hold one, I was stiff as a board, looking around like, am I doing this right? I hope that changes by the time I have a child of my own!

2. I once got trapped in the garage of a house that belonged to a boy I was crushing on. I was 14, my friends and I were spying, and in the process of sneaking through his open garage to see if they were in the backyard, someone (who obviously didn't know I was in there) closed it. After panicking for a minute, I pressed the garage door opener and rolled under the opening garage door, Mission Impossible style, and ran like the dickens. We never got caught.

3. When the handyman and I first laid eyes on each other, I was the first to make a move and say hi after about an hour or so of eye balling each other.

4. I love throwing and hosting parties. Bbq's, Halloween Parties, Holiday Parties, Birthday Parties, Showers, etc. It's so fun planning them and getting together with friends!

5. While I love decorating interiors and I struggle with putting together a cool, funky outfit on my own. When I go shopping, I tend to look at the mannequins outfit that the sales girl put together and if I like it, I buy what it's wearing...in my size of course!

6. I want to start a band. I'll sing and play the recorder (since that's the only instrument I know how to play). Guitarist, bassist, & drummers can apply. I'm serious.

7. I'm easily distracted. One minute I'll be cleaning and go to put away something and the next thing you know, I've started another project, until I see the bottle of cleaning solution and then I remember what I was doing!

Another Part of the Deal:
(and much more fun for me)
I get to nominate some other bloggers for this award.

The first is 6th Street Design School, one of my favorite design blogs. I love Kirsten's style. Funky, refreshing, & unique. Check it out.

Another blog I love, that totally deserves this award is My happy little things. This blog belongs to my friend McCall's mom, Polly. Her stories are so fun to read as she writes about finding joy in everyday things.

And last, I've gotta give a shout out to these two women. Acannthus & LifeinRedShoes. They're a force to be reckoned with. They don't BS & they tell it how it is. I love the realness of their blogs.

The reason I love these blogs, is because I'm trying to be a balanced mix of all 4 of them. A hodge podge, if you will, of funky, refreshing design that is me, while incorporating the things that I love from the everyday, and keeping it real all at the same time.
*sigh*
It's a work in progress.

But thanks for following me along the way!

14 comments:

Kirsten Krason said...

Wow. really thanks so much!!

I can totally relate with the baby thing. I never liked babies. But don't worry you will LOVE your own.

Erica said...

so cool hearing some personal things about you :) and I also agree about the babies thing... xx

Wendy said...

That was a fun read. Thanks!

lifeinredshoes said...

Ah shucks, what can I say? I actually recieved this award a couple of months ago and haven't known what to write?

Best blog advise- be yourself. It's so tempting to try and be like so and so, don't do it, readers can spot a fake a mile away!

You do an awesome job at being Shan, funny, talented, tenderhearted...real.

The Townhouselady said...

That baby thing. It DOES change when it's your own. I know from experience.

Listen, I know I haven't been around in a while since becoming a mommy but, please make sure you stop by and enter my giveaway. It's a real goodie. A $70.00 gift certificate to use at ANY of the over 200 CSN stores!

The Townhouselady
A Townhouselady's Life

cathycan said...

Thanks Sis, well, just so people know, you are my daughter. We just call you Sis..or sissy. ANYWAY, thanks for the shout-out!
We both need to set a time aside for blogging. although I have trouble with that because I can only write when the creative blog bug hits me!!
LOve you!

Rachel @ La Bella Bungalow said...

Love what you said about loving interiors but struggling with putting an outfit together. I have the same problem. It's not that I don't know how, it's almost like I put less effort into picking out clothes than I do into picking out things for my home. Crazy isn't it!

pollydove said...

You are so sweet Shannon - thanks for the shout out! So, do I just write 7 random things at my blog too? (I won't be able to come up with as many clever things as you though ... loved yours!!!) You're funny! :)

Garden House Floral said...

Cute, love it. The title fits. Congratulations. Bin thinkin bout ya. ~Kar

The Sartori's said...

congrafreakinglations!!

I have always loved reading your blog and look forward to updates and think you are very deserving.

Yay for you!

Gavin and Laura Hansen Family said...

I love reading your blog, Shan. You are awesome. I always look forward to each post. They are always entertaining -- whether design ideas, life, family... I have fun reading all! Oh - and feel free to write about that dress if you want; I linked it to the tutorial I followed, as it wasn't my original idea (wish it was...) I will be posting another kids clothing post that WAS my design very soon, so stay tuned for that. :)

Faith, Trust, and a Little Pixie Dust said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Faith, Trust, and a Little Pixie Dust said...

Yea Shan! So glad you got my message & the award. Thank you for mentioning me. And you did a great job on your "7 Things"--hard, huh? I'm also happy that this gave you a little blogging "pick-me-up". We'll be reading!

Warmly, Michelle

BECKY said...

i'm #7 too. i'll find that i've got 10 things going on eventually!