Tuesday, July 20, 2010

{tortilla soup}

I know, soup in 100 degree weather?

Call me crazy, but I was craving it. I was a bit under the weather Sunday night and couldn't keep anything down (if ya know what I mean), so when I had a sore throat Monday afternoon from all the gagging (graphic...sorry), I knew this soup would feel soothing!

And since I keep our house is a chilling 73 degrees (I swore when I was an adult, I would keep my house at the temperature I wanted it, no matter how high the bill was, after years of living through sweltering summers and frigged winters at my parents house. My dad's thermostat was set at 80 in the summer (if we were lucky) and 65 in the winter (again, if we were lucky). I'll be damned if I ever break a sweat in my home in the summer time or freeze in the winter! HA!), I didn't care that we were eating soup when it was hotter than hell outside!

Anyway, I thought I'd post the recipe in case any of ya'll had a hankerin'!

(click the image to enlarge)

9 comments:

Faith, Trust, and a Little Pixie Dust said...

I made beef stew today! I know--crazy in the heat of summer, but it was good. This recipe looks yummy. Thanks for sharing!

Warmly, Michelle

Erica said...

yum! it's winter here and that sounds perfect x

Jenny @ Anything Pretty said...

That looks delicious! I am saving that recipe for later...even though I am right there with you on the temperature thing.

paula said...

I love soup anytime of the year and I've been looking for a good taco soup recipe so thanks girl! Hope your feeling better now.

cathycan said...

mmm, taco soup! how do you get the cute "recipe form" for the blog? You'll have to teach me!

.jimaie.marie. said...

I LOVE soup and think it's delicious all times of the year, there's just something about it that's so comforting :) This recipe sounds and looks DELICIOUS! I can't wait to try it!

Mands Glenn said...

Yummy! Totally going to try it. I love Taco Soup.I find myself making really hot dishes in the middle of summer too. NOt sure why, but just a craving I guess. Love new recipes!

Lovely Little Nest said...

Yum! Thanks for sharing! :)

pollydove said...

Whoa ... it is HOT out now and that soup looks sooooo good!