Wednesday, July 28, 2010

{monogram pillow}

Last week, I had 4 days in a row off. I didn't have work on Friday because of Pioneer Day (thank you, Utah Pioneers), and then I had Monday off because Andrew told me to take Monday off because of something he had planned up his sleeve (I'll get to that in the next post).

So on Friday when I woke up, I didn't waste any time getting to work on projects that have been piling up since May.

And since we don't have enough pillows on our bed (I say that sarcastically, of course, because Andrew thinks a bed with more than 2 pillows is going overboard) I decided to make a cute monogram pillow for our bed, because heck, I love monograms.

I had some fabric left over from making my pelmet boxes, so I decided to make a box pleat trim with the extra. A lot of folding and a lot of pressing & steaming later, I had trim for my pillow.
I stitched the trim along the bottom and finished the ends by folding the raw side in.
Then, after printing a giant C, tracing it on onto my fabric & cutting it out, I used heat n' bond to adhere the monogram to my pillow.
Because heat n' bond doesn't always stick the strongest to burlap, I did a zig zag stitch around the edge to make sure it stayed! After a lot of stitching & stuffing, I ended up with my new pillow.
I love box pleats! So clean & crisp. And I love how my monogram pillow turned out!

8 comments:

House of Smith's said...

LOVE this! The fabrics are ADORABLE!
And I love the box pleats too!

Your bedding stuff reminds me of something I'd see on "Sarah's House"
(do you ever watch that? lol)
I LOVE how she puts stuff together.
Always in ways I wouldn't think to do it. :)

You got skillz girl!
~Shelley

Sarah said...

What an adorable pillow. I love it. Thanks for sharing!
BTW, I have a giveaway over at my blog http://aspoonfulofdish.blogspot.com make sure to stop by!

Karlie said...

So darling! I was thinking about doing something with a "B" over here. The Pleated trim make the pillow!

Faith, Trust, and a Little Pixie Dust said...

Hi Shan, So glad you had some time off work so you could do something creative & we could enjoy it with you! This turned out great! By the way, my Hunny says we have too many pillows also. When he makes the bed, he arranges them in odd shapes (can you say pyramid?) just to tease me.

Warmly, Michelle

Christa Pirl said...

Very cute and looks great with the rest of your scheme.

Valerie said...

Those pleats are killing me! Love them! I am filing this at thecraftersfilebox.com.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Angie said...

That is darling! I love the pleats!

pollydove said...

That is SO cute! I used to craft ... now that project looks too overwhelming for me!

(It's sad when the necessary projects take over the FUN projects.)