Thursday, July 1, 2010

{4th of July Weekend Treats...you tell me!}


I had such good intentions to blog more this week, but alas it is Thursday night and I have nuthin...

Actually, I could blog about my kitchen. I should take a picture of it right now and post it for you. You would be in shock, and my mother would be horribly embarrassed (especially if I told her that it's looked like that for about 3 days straight now). Seriously though Mom, clean kitchens are so over rated!

*shifty eyes*


The reason it's such a mess is because there are cans of food everywhere. Actually, not just cans of food, but cupboard food in general...you know, canned tuna, soups, spaghetti, cereal, peanut butter, etc. What started with cleaning one shelf & organizing it turned into a huge, reorganizing mess. It probably wasn't a good idea to start a project like that at 10:00 at night and then leave it like that for a few days. So far, I've worked around it just fine and so has Andrew. Apparently if I don't see the rush in cleaning it up, neither does he!

I had planned on cleaning up tonight, but I won some free movie passes and we knew we'd be going non stop all weekend (who am I kidding, I just didn't want to spend my night cleaning up!), so we decided to go see Toy Story III. Originally I had suggested in a nonchalant way that we see Eclipse...you know, the new Twilight movie, but the words alone stopped Andrew in his tracks and he said no......hell no, to be exact...psh...men! So we agreed on Toy Story, which ended up being sold out so we settled on Knight and Day, and let me just tell you- Tom Cruise may be a crazy/controlling Scientologist (I judge him by what I read in US Weekly) but his is HOT in this movie. After 2 hours of eye candy I decided the movie wasn't that bad!

So, now I am home and instead of cleaning my kitchen (I promise I'll clean it tomorrow...promise!) I'm searching the internet for a fun, festive 4th of July Weekend treats. I'm supposed to bring something to our family party (specifically cookies), but I don't just want to bring any ol' thing.

So this is where you come in. While I clean up my kitchen, I want you to blog about your favorite, most tasty, festive, 4th of July treat and then leave a comment here that links back to your blog post. I'll take a look at them, pick one that I think looks fantastic (and somewhat easy), and then I'll post your recipe!

And now I'm off to pick up my messy kitchen....

6 comments:

cathycan said...

"please sir, may I have more fourth of July trifle?"
(to be read in a young boy's English accent, ala OLIVER)

Lisa K said...

To me, the quintessential 4th of July dessert is homemade ice cream. And the whole family helps make it.

And if you're bringing cookies, then make ice cream sandwiches!

Mands Glenn said...

Okay so everything. . . . I mean everything that I have tried and made from www.ourbestbites.com I have loved. I was just curious to see what they had for 4th of July treats and they look pretty yummy. It is like the second post down. Check em out! Have a happy and yummy 4th.

Gavin and Laura Hansen Family said...

Glad I'm not the only one with an untidy kitchen. Those desserts look DELISH. MMMMMmmmmm....

Faith, Trust, and a Little Pixie Dust said...

SHAN!!
I nominated you for an award on my blog. I sent an e-mail, but maybe you didn't get it?? Yours is the first blog I ever followed & I've enjoyed getting inspiration from you. Here is the post where I talk about you:

http://michellelunt.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-first-award.html

Warmly, Michelle

cathycan said...

The ice-cream sandwiches went over BIG! They were so easy! Store bought cookies, ice-cream, white almond bark and sprinkles. Pretty and tasty!