Thursday, June 3, 2010

{letter}

Dear Blog,
I'm sorry I've neglected you.
You were once a huge priority in my life, and now it seems that I've become too busy to even give you a second thought.
Life, fortunately and unfortunately just got in the way, as it so often does.
While I do miss the flexibility that once allowed me to blog and work on projects whenever I wanted, the recent change in my schedule has given me a new sense of structure and stability.
I wake up, go to work, and when I come home, there are a dozen things that I need & want to get done, and lately none of them have involved blogging.
The days are longer and more of my time is spent outside, in my garden or with my husband & friends.
Don't get me wrong, I do miss you. I still wish I could spend hours on projects that would turn into future blog posts. I miss the attention you'd get. But more than anything, I miss sharing my thoughts with you.
Don't give up on me. I promise to write more and post more.
xo,
Shan

8 comments:

Erin @ The Impatient Gardener said...

Don't feel bad about it. I do the same thing with my blog and feel a little guilty about it, but living life is WAY more important than blogging. Life ebbs and flows and you'll be back to blogging more regularly when you can ... no apologies necessary!

Wendy said...

Your loyal fans will wait!

paula said...

I'm glad you're living girl! Your blog can wait....but I do miss you.

Christine said...

Your blog misses you back.

Glad you're living life and having fun, though. :)

cathycan said...

I want to see all the decorating and garden projects of late. You've been busy! and the cats. and the work cubicle(s)hehe. what if you bloggged on your luch hour? put your photos on a zip-drive?...

lifeinredshoes said...

Ah come on Shan, you CAN do it all!

Gavin and Laura Hansen Family said...

Amen! :) My blog has been "neglected" lately as well. My intentions are good, but it just doesn't happen...glad I'm not the only one!

.jimaie.marie. said...

I've been feeling this SAME way about my blog lately, HOW & WHY am I all of the sudden so busy?! Just getting one blog out is so much work now! ha. I like that I'm busy but I also love looking back and reading through the fun we've had so I have to figure out some way to chronicle the adventures, good luck to us right?! hehe