Wednesday, May 12, 2010

{meet charlie}

Yesterday, we brought home Charlie...

After Kiki died, our other cat, Pumba has been terribly lonely. We knew he'd need a friend to keep him company, but we didn't want to do anything until after we got back from our vacation. The day after we got back, I found an ad in the classifieds for a 9 month old cat. His owners were moving and couldn't take him with them. Last night I convinced Andrew to come with me to see him. We were only going to go and have a look, but we brought our cat carrier...you know, just in case.

Luckily we did.

He is the sweetest, loviest cat ever!

He is a bit of a chunk...

...but very cuddly and very curious. I couldn't find him today when I got home from work and right before I started panicking, I found him...on top of my hutch, in my craft room, just chillin'. So far, we've kept the two cats away from each other as we slowly introduce them, but I think it's the beginning of a beautiful relationship!

19 comments:

Deena said...

He's gorgeous! Congrats on the new addition.

Jenny @ Anything Pretty said...

Awww he is so precious! I just want to scoop him up and cuddle him. Good luck with the introductions!

alyssa said...

So happy you found a new little friend.

Breezy said...

Charlie is terrific. I am so glad you found him..( and it sounds like he stole your heart)

cathycan said...

He is a cutie. No litter problems? Cat fights? He's such a wide eyed little guy.

kelly said...

He is adorable! Congrats on your new baby!!

steph anne said...

Adorable!!! :) A great pick! I'm curious how do you keep your cats away from each other for now? It was impossible for us to do that when we brought home another kitten last year.

Karlie said...

Yay! Chunk ha ha ha! We gave our dog away when we couldn't take him to our new home. This was a few years ago, but we found a wonderful family on KSL. Charlie found a good home, love the name :)

Katie said...

Oh my, what a cutie!!

katiepaisley said...

Oh dear what a pretty baby! Those big paws are great! So glad he found a good home! Doesn't pet adoption rock?

Tina said...

He is adorable! :) Congrats!

Brittany said...

haha i LOOOVE that he is so chunky! that makes me laugh lol :) he's so pretty and i'm sure they'll be the best of friends!

CASA BRASI said...

What a sweet pea! I love his belly. Congrats on bringing home Charlie!

The Lawton's said...

awww he is too cute!

.jimaie.marie. said...

oh goodness, he is SO cute!! i love his markings!!!

MommaHensCoop said...

Dear Charlie, you are cute! scratch scratch :)
~Amy.

Gavin and Laura Hansen Family said...

Awww! He's so cute! He looks SO much like my Hobbes! Love that he was chillin' on the hutch! I'm so glad you found another cat to keep Pumba company! (And to help fill your hurt, too!)

Barry Cann said...

Charlie is adorable. :) I need to come see him.

sarah marie p said...

I was so sad to hear about Kiki, but I'm happy to hear that Pumba has a new, funny feline companion! Our orange, chunky cat is also named Charlie! And also surprised me a few months ago by chilling out on top of a cupboard way up high next to the top of the fridge! Your Charlie really does have beautiful markings! What a handsome man!