Saturday, May 15, 2010

{fabric}

So lately, I have been looking for the perfect fabric to make a new shower curtain for my bathroom, and after looking all over town, I still can't find anything!

Do you ever have an idea of exactly what you want in your head, but you can't seem to find it anywhere? I'm having that problem.

The only place that has come close to having what I'm looking for is Calico Corners. I used to work there when I was in design school and I loved it. I still have bolts (yes bolts) of fabric that I bought, knowing I would use the fabric someday (the employee discount was so good!) but unfortunately the fabric I have isn't what I want for my shower curtain!

Check out these fun fabrics from their most recent catalog.

9 comments:

{B} said...

I am enjoying these fabrics. You could totally make your own curtain easily! I can't wait to see what you do!

kelly said...

hi! got your comment...I found it at a local fabric warehouse here. I also had a reader email me that she had 5 yards of it that she is wanting to get rid of. email me if you need help getting some!

btw...do you sew pillows?

LifestyleBohemia said...

You will find the perfect fabric. I love these samplings here - the colors are beautiful. Looking forward to seeing the finished shower curtain!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Beautiful fabrics. I do know what you mean. I have been hunting for a fabric for sofa pillows and can't find what I want either. It's really frustrating sometimes. Hugs, Marty

alyssa said...

I didn't know you could use regular fabric for a shower curtain!

I always browse Etsy for fabrics because it's so easy to find things, especially if you just search a certain color or something like that :)

Christine said...

What is it that you have in your head? You could let us know, and see what your faithful blog followers can find for you.

By the way, I LOVE that orange and white fabric on the top row, far left of the "orange zest" page.

Karlie said...

hmm, I hear ya. Can't help ya. But, I have a feeling you'll come up with something amazing.

Gavin and Laura Hansen Family said...

I love looking at fabrics. Thanks for sharing these! LOVE the colors. Stick to your idea -- you'll find something!

The Warner Corner said...

I awarded your blog!! If you go to abattleworthwinning.blogspot.com you can see it and grab it!