Thursday, April 1, 2010

{my week, so far}

So, for those of you who are a bit behind, here's the story of my week (so far) in a nut shell...

On Monday morning I got laid off while on a business trip. After freaking about, changing flights, and returning the rental car, I got home, took a deep breath, and started the mad hunt to find a new job. That night I got a late call from my friend McCall who had seen my post and called to let me know that the company she works for was hiring.

So, the next day, I took my resume to her boss.

Here's where it gets interesting...

When I dropped my resume off, I asked if the boss was in and the receptionist said no. Remembering what McCall had told me about the receptionist being a bit forgetful, I asked her to leave my resume with McCall who would then deliver it to her boss.

Well, that didn't happen. I later learned that the receptionist just tossed my resume on the bosses desk and didn't say anything else about it. Hours later, the boss finally saw my resume on her desk but put it under a pile of files, waiting to review it later. Well, somehow, it kept reappearing on the top of the stack, and she finally decided to call me in for an interview.

Today was my interview and I rocked it.

We chatted, we laughed, and we cried!
(okay, we didn't really cry, but we did chat and laugh a lot)

After the first interview, the boss took me upstairs to have a second interview with the other boss (which I later learned was a good sign! not many people make it upstairs!)

We chatted some more, asked questions, and then it was over.

They told me they'd call the next day and let me know if I got it.

They had a few more people they wanted to interview.

The other interviewee's never made it upstairs.

And this afternoon I got the call...

I got the job!
Do you hear choirs of angels singing hallelujah? I do!

I truly feel blessed! The Lord truly is mindful of us and knows us!
So much has happened this past year that has strengthened my Faith.
Little miracles, small blessings, big blessings, trials, and heartache.
Through Him, I have felt assurance, guidance, and support.

I am so grateful for the Lords tender mercies, to have this opportunity and to have a new job!

I saw this video Monday night which brought me so much peace and assurance. I hope you like it too.

23 comments:

Aubrey said...

Wow Shan! Congrats. I wish it was that easy in southern CA. I've turned in over 100 resumes and search job sites 10 times a day and still NOTHING for 4 months. I hope I get my big break soon. If you can do it, I can do it!

becki said...

I have goosebumps from reading this post. I definitely hear the choirs! So happy for you :)

Breezy said...

Congrats!!! Doing the happy dance for you. XOXOXO

jackie fo said...

Fabulous! Good for you :)

Kelly said...

It's amazing how the Lord takes care of His own... but never when we expect it, always in His time. I'm so happy for you!

the thrifty ba said...

im so happy for you! it is my birthday month and magical things happen! im glad one happened to you!

Molly said...

Congrats! Heavenly Father Truly blesses our lives!

Emily said...

Congratulations! That's AWESOME!!!

Al, Wendy, Max, and Lil said...

That HAS to be a record...especially in this job market! Good for you! I'm so pleased for you!

BECKY said...

So tell us about the job! Congrats!!!

Bernadette said...

Clearly my family needs Jesus in a bad way. Going on three months and nothing...good to hear that all is not hopeless and lost though. Congrats!

kelly said...

Yay!! Congrats! What will you be doing?

Whitney said...

I just recently stumbled upon your blog and have been reading it. I am in awe of God's work in your life and the miracle of helping you find a new job so quickly. Thanks so much for sharing such a great message!

The Millers said...

Congrats on the new job. That is awesome news.

Russ, Anna, Pepper and Vesper said...

Wooooo hoooooo

Holly said...

Congrats, girl! I'm so happy for you!

Jill said...

What a huge blessing! What a comfort to know that He always has His best for us.

Happy Easter!
~ Jill

Alisha @ Crafty Brooklyn Army Wife said...

Congratulations on the new job!! It was meant to be. I believe that good things happen to good people and everything happens for a reason.

Glad you can relax this weekend and enjoy Easter.

All our best and can't wait to hear all about the new job.

Alisha
craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.com

Mands Glenn said...

Gosh it really does pay off to know people and have connections. And to be Gorgeous and totally cool as well. Congrats! What are you doing in your new job?

Gavin and Laura Hansen Family said...

YAY!!!!! I'm SO glad you got it. What a relief. You are so talented, I'm not surprised you got a job so quickly!

Teresa said...

Congrats Shannon! I'm so glad you were able to bounce right back so fast...but I agree with everyone else. That's really no surprise for someone so talented!

Eri said...

I'm a bit late on this one but CONGRATULATIONS!! Awesome news, I am so happy for you :)

Nishant said...

Congrats, girl! I'm so happy for you!
home jobs india