Wednesday, March 31, 2010

{st george}

So before I got the dreaded news on Monday morning, I had spent a lovely weekend down in southern Utah with my family.

We were there to celebrate birthdays and also to support and spend time with my grandparents before my grandma started chemo.

On Saturday afternoon we went hiking and after months of cold, drab weather, it was great to feel the warm sun on my face! Here are a few photos from the hike!

Ah, yes! The first application of sunscreen for the year! I was proud to get a teensy bit of a tan too!

Stink beetle scurrying across the red rock. I had to blow on him to get him to hold still for a minute. He lifted his butt to spray right before I got this picture and luckily missed the mist!

Beautiful pools! The water was freezing or we might have jumped in!

the handyman and me

do you see the tiny arch in the picture? it's on the left...

we found this tiny cave and all took turns cramming ourselves into it to take pictures! the one of my brother turned out the best!



All in all, it's been a good week. I had typed "it's been an okay week" first, but really, it's been good.

I feel like I've filled out a million job applications and much to my surprise, I already have an job interview set up for tomorrow morning! Wish me luck!


Thank you for showing your love and support!

I do feel so blessed and know that the Lord has a hand in all that happens.


You're right- everything happens for a reason! :)

12 comments:

the thrifty ba said...

break a leg tomorrow morning! i know that what happens will be for your own good-and since HE knows what is best and what lessons we have yet to learn, im glad he is there!

kelly said...

I have a friend that lives in St. George. So fun!

Good luck tomorrow...I'm sure you'll so GREAT!

Eri said...

good luck for tomorrow! not that you'll need it ;)

cathycan said...

Those pics are beautiful!
Everything will work out and you'll land on your feet!

Tai and Joe said...

I was reading your other post and I know exactly how you feel. The same thing happened to me about 3 years ago. I was panicked and not sure what to do. I applied for a million postion's and after I was done I went to the temple to forget it all. And after I was done my current job called me for an interview. It was the best thing that could have happend. I was in a crappy job that I HATED, and I am so thankful now that I had to go through that. The lord always has a hand in everything. I'm so glad it's that way. Good luck, I know you will get a job fast too because your to amazing.

The Stewarts said...

Good luck tomorrow Shan! I know you'll do great! :)

Breezy said...

Wishing all the luck in the world.

lifeinredshoes said...

Ahhh Shan, the photos are absolutly beautiful, you have such talent.
And spending time to share love and support with family, isn't it the best?
Let me tell you a little something, in my 53 years I have learned a very important lesson: everything ALWAYS works out for the best:)
You are smart, talented, and driven, use this opportunity to excersize the faith we all say we have...it really works.
Love ya, Bridgette

BECKY said...

Mmm those pictures are so yummy!

steph anne said...

Interview already? Wow, congratulations and I wish you the best of luck!!!

Gavin and Laura Hansen Family said...

Wow, how fun! You got such awesome pics! Love the one of Barry in the cave. THat is so cool!

Nishant said...

I have a friend that lives in St. George. So fun!
home jobs india