Monday, March 1, 2010

{keepin' it real}

I've been going through what one might call, a bit of a mid-blogging crisis this past month. When I started this blog, it was basically a journal for me. A place to write about little projects I was working on, life happenings, and basically anything I wanted. Then people started reading my blog and soon, 15 readers turned into 300+. I began to think that because my blogs title is "Design Gal" that I should only blog about design related stuff, so that is what I did, but after months of posting only about design, I got burnt out.

Don't get me wrong. I love designing. It is my hobby, my occupation, and my life. But it isn't the only thing going on in my life. That is why I haven't blogged in awhile. I have loads projects that I am working on that I need to post about, but I just needed a break to find...me and my blogging voice.

And I think I've found it.

So while I still am going to post about projects and lovely designs, I'm also going to start throwing in a little of my personal life. You know...posts about my family, friends, daily activities, and the occasional youtube video. A jambalaya of my life experiences and stories.

And I hope you'll join me *grin*

18 comments:

Angela said...

I think it sounds like a great idea! I'll be sticking around for sure :)

Nancy said...

You're the boss of your blog, that's for sure! I think everyone needs to figure that out, and no one is going to be upset with you, we're all here because we like you, designing or not!

Eri said...

yay! you have to do what is good for you :) I'll be here reading no matter what xx

Donnie and Kristi said...

Criminy! As long as you're back, I don't care what you post! I've been going through withdrawls!

paula said...

I'm glad....I've missed your personal stories. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE your fun design stuff but I miss the funny and heartfelt stuff you use to share with us.

Emily said...

I think everyone needs to take a break now and then from their blog. A little breather is always a welcome thing! Can't wait to hear more stories. (Those of us who are design challenged love the personal stories...)

The Warner Corner said...

Awesome! I can't wait to read more.

Kirsten Sue said...

I just started reading your blog. I love it. Blog about whatever you want. It's YOUR blog. It will be fun to read, regardless.

your wishcake. said...

I think that many bloggers end up going through some kind of mid-blog crisis like this. :) (I am presently trying to rediscover some sort of direction, myself!)

What it comes down to is blogging for yourself. I think that when you post things that you think everyone wants to see or read, then it takes away from your OWN joy. And blogging should bring you more joy that anyone else, right? Right.

:)

I say do what you think you need to do! I'm sure everyone would love an extra peek into your mind as well as your home. Heehee.

Clair said...

Yay! Let the posts begin!

Jenny @ Anything Pretty said...

This blog is all about you.... and I would love to hear some personal things as well. I think that is what makes a blogger "real"

cathycan said...

mmm, jambalaya!

1 Fabric Freak said...

The human interest pieces are what make a blog interesting and unique. Be true to yourself! Don't think your readers would want it any other way.

Russ, Anna, Pepper and Vesper said...

Awesome!!!!!!

pollydove said...

I just finished a blogging "lull" too, and posted about it ... and put something negative about my ex in the post too! SO THERE!!!!!

Yes, it's supposed to be about my "happylittlethings" but I just had to say something that wasn't!

Jilly Bean said...

Great! I only know you as Design Gal, but it'll be fun to get to know you a little bit more.

McCall said...

looove the new layout. ;)

Hawleywood said...

Thank goodness you're back!! I've missed my daily dose of Design Gal!! (See what I did there...alliteration...yeah...I'm lame). Anyway, welcome back and you know I'll read no matter what!