Tuesday, February 2, 2010

{garden seat}

Ceramic garden seats are all the rage these days. Need proof? Just look at the cover of the newest Ballard Design catalog!

I've been keeping my eye out for one ever since I spotted one at a local thrift store months ago that would have looked perfect in my bedroom. I was unsure of the motif painted on the sides and I hesitated buying it. Once I got home I realized I was crazy for passing up such a funky find, but when I went back to buy it, it was gone. 'Twas a sad, sad day.

Lucky for me, I spotted another garden seat in an unlikely spot. Big Lots. Yes, you read that right, I found me a garden seat at Big Lots! And for $20! It is the exact same size and style as the ones found in the Ballard Design catalog, but for $110 less! That, my friends is a bargain!

11 comments:

Heather J said...

sweet! what a great deal! don't you just love it when you finally find a piece that you've been after?

i found one at costco of all places and I love it. no way would i pay ballard prices for a garden seat but couldn't say no to $14.

Emily Hill said...

I love that garden seat! Wish our Big Lots hadn't gone out of business. :(

Frugal Home Design said...

Don't you just love a good bargain. It is super cute.

Karlie said...

Totally my thing! I LOVE it.

Lindsay said...

I just found you on 20SB and I am SO glad!! I LOVE your blog!! You have a new follower :-)

cathycan said...

I love Big Lots but havent been there in so long...why must I lead a double life?
Summer is the only time I do the things I enjoy, like shop at Big Lots! hehe

Barry Cann said...

Love this idea, Sis. Hope you're feeling better, too!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I love finding new blogs - yours is no exception!

Hawleywood said...

Me = JEALOUS of your gorgeous garden stool!! Question though, do you think if a cat knocked it over it would break/chip? We have two psychotic kittens and they've already managed to ruin a couple pieces of furniture, so I'm sketch on buying breakable things at this point. BUT if it's durable, it will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine. (Wayne's World? Anyone? No? Okay.)

Amnah said...

I got one from Big Lots a few days ago too!! I was totally suprised they carried them. I also picked up 4 boxes of string globe garden lights. So cute!

Iman said...

Hi! Love your blog. Tons of cute ideas. Check out TJ Maxx they might carry some garden seats. Also Costco had some.
I got the rug in my son's room right here http://www.grandinroad.com/jump.jsp?item=24567&maincatcode=null&subcatcode=null&itemID=20179&itemType=PRODUCT&path=1%2C2%2C2221%2C5181&iProductID=20179
It's an outdoor rug, but doesn't look or feel like on. And it's perfect for a boys room :)