Saturday, January 23, 2010

{update}

to feel the love of people whom we love is a fire that feeds our life.
but to feel the affection that comes from those whom we do not know, from those unknown to us, who are watching over our sleep and solitude, over our dangers and our weaknesses-that is something still greater and more beautiful because it widens out the boundaries of our being, and unites all living things.

{ pablo neruda . "childhood and poetry" }

the results of the tests are back.

i almost don't even want to say anything for fear of jinxing it...

the cancer is gone and there is a sigh of relief

just a bit of radiation and we should be home free

thank you for your prayers and support! many of you emailed me with stories of how cancer has affected your lives. your words brought me hope, strength, and encouragement.

cancer is an awful disease.

let's keep the chain of support and hope intact!

you were here for me, so now I'm here for you

*hugs*

12 comments:

Connie said...

What wonderful news!

Ms. Bright said...

Hooray! Hugs back!

Emily Hill said...

SO glad to hear! Keeping everything crossed on this end!

The Brady Bunch said...

That's great! I had no idea you were going through that. I'm so happy to hear that things are going well. You're in my prayers!!!

kelly said...

That is such amazing news and such a blessing!
xo,
kelly

cathycan said...

Love that poem, love you!

Tara said...

Wonderful news!! What a HUGE relief I bet it is. You've been in my prayers. We need to do something soon, I miss seeing your cute face!!

{B} said...

YAY!!!!!!!! I will be crossing my fingers that it stays away. :)

Breezy said...

I am soo happy for you... your family!! That is the best news ever.

Knudsen's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Knudsen's said...

I'm so glad your Grandmother is doing well. I watched my 39 year old sister fight breast cancer. She's had a clean bill of health for 15 months now. Woo! Although it was a huge struggle watching her go through that, it really made us stop and appreciate how precious family really is. Camille

Hawleywood said...

I'm so glad you got good news!! I just found out that the doctors think my grandmother's breast cancer has returned, so I understand completely what you've just been through. We'll find out Tuesday what's going on, so until then I hope you'll cross your fingers and say a little prayer for us!