Tuesday, December 15, 2009

{Merry Christmas}

I've had my Christmas decorations up since Thanksgiving, and while some wait until December to put theirs up, I just could wait. I love the way my tree sparkles, and even though it's fake, my Perfect Christmas wallflower make my house smell as though my tree was cut straight from the forest!

I thought I'd share a few of my favorite Christmas decorations with you all!

I loves these crystal candle holders! Would you believe the total cost was only $5!

I love these miniature antique ornaments. I wanted to display them, but ran out of room on my tree, so I put a little bit of fake snow in the bottom of this glass vase and place the ornaments inside! (Sadly, as I was putting the vase up on the shelf, one of my little birds fell and his beak broke...I have yet to fix him...oops!)

More vintage ornaments!

This was an idea I had when I was brainstorming thrifty Christmas decorating ideas for Studio 5. I found these frames at a thrift store and spray painted them white. A few sheets of pretty S.E.I. Christmas scrapbook paper completed the look!

And last, but not least...Creepy Santa.
My grandma had a Santa exactly like this one, and growing up, whenever we'd visit her in California I'd peek in the closet where Creepy Santa was stored, just to make sure he hadn't moved and that my slumber wouldn't be disturbed by him walking around at night. (Oh, the imagination of a little girl!)
When I found this one on ebay, I had to have it! Now that I'm grown, I find him 90% adorable and only 10% creepy, and someday I might just use him to threaten my kids when they are being bad around Christmas time. *wink*
Okay, not really...well...maybe...
Either way, I'm keeping him!

What is your favorite Christmas decoration?

17 comments:

Alex said...

That's funny when I was scrolling down and saw the Santa I was like he's creepy, and then laughed when I saw you wrote creepy santa. Isn't it funny how older decorations are always creepy. He's still cute though. I love the pictures!

Alex said...

Oops I guess i'm signed in as Alex, It's actually Meghann Curtis!

Channa said...

Everything looks really good! And you gave some great ideas!

Clair said...

I love the idea of framing up Christmas scrapbook paper! Smart! Plus I love S.E.I.. I have a little S.E.I. stack of my own.

Anyway, all of your decorations are so lovely. I need to come by for the grand tour. :)

KK said...

You're so right about creepy Santa. Definitely 10% creepy, but makes me laugh because he's kinda cute. I think my grandma had a similar decoration.

cathycan said...

I love the birds, I just thought the beak-less bird was eating snow!
Oh, that Santa! My grandma bought the one Grandam has. I always thought he was a little creepy, too!

Emily Hill said...

I simply adore those frames you found and spray painted. What a great idea! And you could easily change out the paper for the different seasons/holidays. I'm going to have to try that! Love the other decor as well, though creepy Santa is one I may have to pass on...he may no longer creep you out but he does me! ;)

Lisa K said...

We have a creepy Santa too! It was Joe's favorite Santa growing up and the thing gives me the creeps.

BECKY said...

No pics of your tree? Or is the silver one? Love the creepy Santa!!!

The Sartori's said...

90% creepy. I actually shuttered as I scrolled

Ryan Kay said...

WE did a TREE in these santa's for one of our clients! :) I love them! I have a vintage pixie elf tree that I have here at my home, reminds me when I was a child :)

Here is the link to the santa tree-

http://ryanspearl.blogspot.com/2009/12/vintage-santa-tree.html

Katie and Josh Fairbanks said...

When I saw that Santa, Creepy Santa was the first thing that came to mind. Even before I saw that is what you call him! I am not even a kid and that thing scares me, maybe I should borrow it and use it on Jordan.....

Pamela said...

I love all your decorations!! What a fun festive house. I recognise a few of your items...simliar to my house. Merry Christmas.

{B} said...

I heart your Creepy Santa! My favorite's are what my Grandma B gave me....her little houses, angel, and then my little prince and Snoopy. :)

Kristy said...

my favorite christmas ornaments are my gingerbread family. they are too cute. i love the frames. i use scrapbook paper a lot in my frames. its cheap and can be changed easily :O)

jkimball said...

I haven't heard from Jill for on the message. I emailed her but no word. Is there an way to contact her? My email is jenniferjones333@hotmail.com

Mrs. Limestone said...

Just loving those frames! Im about to spraypaint a big ornate frame myself but Im stressing about the drips. I hope my version turns out as nicely as yours.