Sunday, December 27, 2009

{christmas cards}

So....my computer is still kaput. I finally took it to the computer doctor after self diagnosing it myself and trying countless times to fix it. I never realized how much I used my computer each day, not only for work, but to check email, blogs, etc. I went through some pretty hard core withdrawals not being able to check my daily stops! The shakes and cold sweats have subsided, but it still sucks having to use the computer at my parents house (and the library), and I am hoping I get mine back soon!

Pray the computer gods will show mercy so I can get my technology fix soon!


Anyway....
I know this is late, but I thought I'd share it! This is the card I designed and sent out this year!

I thought it would be cute to take a picture of us in front of our house, and then after I got the tripod set up I thought, "Hey, let's grab the cats!!" (After all, they're part of the family too!) As you can see, the cats were freaked out (since they're strictly indoor cats and have never been in the front yard) and they were more interested in what was going on down the street. I think there was a squirrel or something.

It did make for a fun picture though! Haha!

I also designed the calendar on the back of the cards, because so often, it's just a blank, empty space and when December 26th comes around, we tend to throw the cards away. I thought with a pretty calendar, you could flip the card over, pin it to your office wall, and keep a little piece of me through out the year! ;)

I couldn't figure out how to make the calendar into a PDF, but feel free to print it off for your own personal use!

16 comments:

Sara McArthur said...

Smart idea to do the calendar on the back as well! My hubs and I also have to STRICTLY indoor cats it is so fun to see another cat lover husband and wife!!! CUTE CARD!

Emily Hill said...

Absolutely love the idea of putting a calendar on the back of your Christmas card. Genius!

Connie said...

What a cute card! Love the calendar on the back!

Ashlee said...

So cute! I love the cats, they crack me up! Have you seen up when the dog is talking and all of a sudden he goes "squirell!" HAH! Get me every time!

lifeinredshoes said...

So cute. so smart. so you.
I can't wait to see what 2010 brings!

{B} said...

I am keeping your face up all year long :)

.jimaie.marie. said...

Way cute, i love the idea of the calendar on the back! So genius!!

sarah marie p said...

Merry Christmas! That photo of you guys is adorable! The card turned out super cute! Oh man, inside cats are so funny, huh?! Last year we tried to take a Xmas card with the cats and we couldn't get the cats to look at the camera ... we should have just given up and printed out the pictures anyway! Such an exciting squirrel! Hee. Good idea with the calendar!

jessica said...

SO cute! Very well done! Love the calendar on the back. That is such a great idea!

amelia said...

so beautiful!
happy new year!

The Russells said...

Really such a great idea. Happy New Year to you guys!

Kelly said...

I LOVE your cats in this pic!

Amy! said...

What a fun idea to put a calendar on the back.. Trust you to think of that ;) Happy New Year cute girl!

Jess said...

Love it! Question...where do you print 2 sided?

Thanks!

Gavin & Laura Hansen Family said...

Very cute card! Love your hair -- it's so cute! And the calender idea is ingenious! Hope to see you soon!

Michelle S. said...

Yeah, I would love to know where you got it printed two-sided! I also would love to know what program(s) you used to create the masterpiece!

Beautiful!