Friday, November 20, 2009

{laugh out loud}

I've said it before and I'll say it again- my brothers are hilarious. Steve being one of them.
Here are a few excerpts from our recent conversations I wanted to remember...

Steve grabs my blackberry and starts pushing buttons. He activates the voice dialing system.
Phone: "Say a command..."
Steve: "Make me a sandwich!"

In eavesdropping on a conversation about why some people don't go to church.
Steve & I Listening: "Yeah but a lot of people won't miss church when they're really sick, so they go and get everyone else sick too..."..."Yeah but I don't think they sanitize their hands and you shake a lot of hands..."
Steve turns to me and exaggerating says: "Yeah, but do you know how hot it is in hell?"

Sitting in the living room with my mom and Steve (who is married).
Steve looking as though he's pondering ideas sighs and says: "I need a good date"
Mom and I exchange looks.
Me: "Uh...how about Ashlyn (his wife)!"
(he was looking for date ideas...)

Maybe you had to be there for some of those, but Steve is so fun & funny!

With Thanksgiving less than a week away, I wanted to share a few things I'm grateful for- my fun, hilarious, loving brothers, being one of them! For the next days until Thanksgiving, I'll be sharing more things I'm thankful for! You all should do the same! What are you grateful for?

10 comments:

Tai and Joe said...

Hey, I put your button on my blog. I sure hope I win. Also, saw you again on studio 5. Tell Brooke I say hi! when you see her next.

Rebecca said...

I love your blog! I just found it and my comment is about an older post...the man cave. I love the idea of using old filing cabinets for the desk. I just got married and I've been trying to figure out how to get a beautiful office/art room on my next-to-nothing budget. This idea is perfect!!! One question, which DI's do you find have the best stuff (especially these filing cabinets)? The one closest to me (Provo) is so picked over.

.jimaie.marie. said...

hahaha!! i love the first one, MAKE ME A SAMMICH!
hilarious.
Brothers really are the best aren't they? I love that as we've gotten older we've actually become FRIENDS instead of just tolerating each other...almost makes me with I had more than two of them! ;D

cathycan said...

When we are together, I sometimes think, "man we could be a reality show! We're hilarious AND we've got the drama and dysfunction going for us!"

Jill said...

ha ha I love it ~ make me a sandwich.
Thank you for the good laugh today.
~ Jill

Mands Glenn said...

I love the date comment. So funny! There is just something about brothers. My brothers always make me laugh out loud!

Breezy said...

LOL@ make me a sandwich

Al, Wendy, Max, and Lil said...

He reminds me of me. I am hilarious like that.

kelly said...

I'm thankful for your whole family!!!!!!! you guys are hilarious!

Anonymous said...

That was a Rachel Ashwell Simply Shabby Chic Picnic Basket.

It is one of the more rare items from her collections and it has long been retired from Target.

I had to wait for ages for one to turn up on eBay and when it finally did, I paid well over $150 for it.

I can not believe you were able to find one at the price you did, even though it was stained.

Some people have all the luck!