Tuesday, October 20, 2009

{new dining room chairs}

When we moved into our house, the only chairs I had for my dining room table were the two parsons chairs I covered in toile and two metal chairs (prettier than a metal folding chair, but still metal & uncomfortable!) that were really meant to go with the patio set outside. As much as I wanted new seating, I didn't want to spend a fortune. I had an idea of what I wanted and I finally found it in the classified ads!

Because I knew they'd be getting a lot of use, I sanded the wood really well, then I primed it with Kilz no sand primer (the BEST primer in the world!) & then I painted it a grayish/tealish/green/blue. The technical name is Uptown Girl (Ace Royal Paint), but I prefer the grayish/tealish/green/blue name. :)

Then after I painted it, I roughed it up a bit, and added a van dyke brown glaze. I love Windsor chairs and I'm so happy with how it turned out!

13 comments:

Lisa K said...

I have Windsor chairs and love them! They are surprisingly really comfortable.

Allisha said...

Love them!

Eri said...

wow they look great!!

Sara McArthur said...

I love those chairs I really like the blue one is it blue, or robins egg color or whatever its lovely!

Robyn said...

I am so impressed - as always!
But even more impressed with the t.v. bit. You looked smashing and can't wait to watch next week!

BECKY said...

Woot! Great work!

katiepaisley said...

Thanks so much for this post! I have a set of identical chairs that I got handed down from my sister in law. I hate them!!! but I love yours! I will see if my husband will help me refinish them. Do you have any tips for sanding in between the details and ridges?

katiepaisley said...

Thanks for the info! I am really excited to try this! Amy and I went to the same high school she is a very fun girl! I think I may have found your blog through hers... hard to remember.

Gavin & Laura Hansen Family said...

They look fantastic! You are amazing. I absolutely love the color!

Hawleywood said...

Love it!!! Also, I am now obsessed with Eddie Ross, thanks to you! I had never heard of him before I read your post about his wreath.

lifeinredshoes said...

Once again, I love, love, love your floors!
You did an awesome job on the chairs, and do you have the name of someone that makws custom slipcovers?

McCall said...

love the cat randomly walking in the background. ;)

Portland Rose said...

I must do this to my chairs! they are boring white and wood/oak-ish looking. Love that color!