Monday, October 26, 2009

{Design Gal on Studio5!}

Oh my goodness! What a day! It was so exciting to be on the set of Studio5! I woke up early this morning so I could take my time getting ready & still have enough time to get there a little early. I hate rushing, so when I arrived downtown at 9:40 (35 minutes early) I thought it would be smooth sailing from there, but when I realized I had lost the phone number to call for directions on where to park I panicked! After a quick facebook message (thank goodness for the internet on my phone!) and a phone call to the studio, I found where I was supposed to be just in the nick of time!
Everyone on set was so helpful & nice! THANK YOU to all of the producers who helped me set up and gave me the low down on what was going to happen! I've always liked Studio 5, but after being on the set, seeing how things work, & meeting the hosts, I just love it! Seriously, if you're living outside of Utah (or eastern Idaho) and you don't have this show, you're missing out!
Thank you for this wonderful opportunity!

To see the video, go to this link: http://studio5.ksl.com/?nid=59&sid=8417161 or click HERE!
Thanks again for all of your support! You guys are awesome!

21 comments:

Breezy said...

Shan... did you attach the video??
I dont see it :(

The Smith Family said...

NICE! You did great! And you look great too! I AM IN LOVE with that desk! SO cute. What DI do you go to?
I need to make a stop there, for SURE!
Shelley

Gavin & Laura Hansen Family said...

Shan, you seriously did SO SO SO good. I was so impressed. Yes, I am very sad to live in CA and not get this show, but I'm glad I was able to watch it online!!! YAY! I loved your finds too! Once again I'll say it -- you are SO talented. Great job!

kelly said...

Love it! You did SO well! And...I want that desk. $25?!! OMG!

Barry Cann said...

I was so excited to see you on TV! You did an incredible job!

Tai and Joe said...

So fun to see you on Studio five. I went to school with Brooke. I actually even cheered with her. We were really close back then. So cool you got to be on the show. congrats.

lifeinredshoes said...

I just watched and you were great!
Kudos for mentioning who you got your thrifting skills from.
I see a bright future in my crystal ball!

cathycan said...

I'm so proud of you! You seemed so collected on camera! Hope you can be on again soon!

Breezy said...

Shan.. you were awesome.. so relaxed and professional!!

dnA said...

I'm so inspired every time I see one of your projects. Wish you could come by my new old house! Congrats on your claim to fame on Studio 5!

The Brady Bunch said...

You look FABULOUS on TV!! It was so fun seeing someone I know on Studio 5. Nicely done girl!!!!!!!!!!! Your house looks AMAZING!

BECKY said...

Wow, fab job! LOVE the fabric you put on the chairs! Great job on all of it. Woot woot for D.I.!

Chris and Logan said...

That was so awesome, you were great!! It was fun seeing you, ya little celebrity!

The Smith Family said...

YES! WE totally need to do a girls night! I need to do some shoppin' like major! And Since we are so poor now.... lol.... I'm talkin' THRIFT shoppin'.
I hear you have some experience in that department, no?
:)
Shelley

Lauri said...

Great job on your television debut. I found your blog a few months back and enjoy the great projects you share. You've inspired me!

Katt said...

First of all, you're so natural on camera! I LOVED it!! I've said it once and I'll say it again and again- you're a thrifty decorating genius. I want to walk in your ways. :)

Amy said...

You were FANTASTIC!!! Very poised and charming! Absolutely loved it!!! And those chairs were FABULOUS!!! I'm totally inspired.....

Evie B. said...

Very cool - you were a natural! I'm totally inspired...love your site!

Jayne said...

Shannon - I've been telling my sisters and friends to check you out on Studio 5. I decided I'd better tell YOU what a fun time it was watching you. You've got my creative thoughts going again - Ralph's not happy with that!! So fun. Thanks to your momma for taking you out dumpster diving. YEAH!!!

sarah marie p said...

Oh Shan, the segment was so great! Congrats! So, so exciting! In the beginning when they were showing off your casa your home looked so fabulous! And then you found the best things thrifting! I love what you did with those chairs! And that desk! Oh, and your give away post totally inspired me to start collecting milk glass! My coworker was having a garage sale and saved like four or five vases. IT made me think of you! Congrats on the segment! You were so knowledgeable and friendly! You did great!

Denise said...

That was a great segment, Shannon, and you did a marvelous job on the chair. Loved it!