Monday, September 28, 2009

{surprise!}

Last Friday was the hubs birthday. I had been wanting to throw him a surprise party for months and I started planning early, working on invitations when he wasn't home and trying to plan a guest list, while secretly gathering addresses and phone numbers out of his phone (usually done while he was in the shower...pretty sneaky eh?). Being the punctual girl I am (...okay, most of the time), I wanted to get the invitations sent out early, so two weeks before the party all of the invites were addressed, stamped and sent off. A few days later, after talking with some friends and family members who were invited, I realized I had planned the party on the busiest night for people, which was full of conflicts (i.e. football games, church events, etc). Of course I wanted to best turnout possible, so I frantically called, texted, and facebooked (is that a word?) everyone I invited and informed them the party would be on Friday, instead of Saturday.

Friday night came and the party was a success! Andrew was totally surprised (okay, he might have been a little suspicious when I almost spilled the beans the night before), but we all had a great time!

we were all rock stars that night, thanks to my parents karaoke machine. steve's rendition of "we're not gonna take it" would have made dee snider proud
while our friends pose normal, andrew and i like to throw in a prom pose here and there, just to mix things up a bit
acting silly with our fun neighbors

Happy Birthday, Honey! I hope it was a great one! Thanks for being such a great friend, husband, and handyman! Love you!

13 comments:

jessica said...

love the type on those invites! SO cute! Props on the surprise. I always spill the beans when I'm trying to be sneaking like that.

cathycan said...

Andrew is such a neat-o guy! We love having him in the family cause he is handsome,humble,handy and happy and he loves you and he loves my cooking!

The Smith Family said...

Love it all! So creative. Thanks for sharing! And your house is SO SO SO cute!
Shelley

Ashley and Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katy said...

LOVE the invites!!!! You're so creative. LOL!

Glad the party was a success!!!

Katie said...

You are awesome, Shan! I love EVERYTHING about that party! (AND... cute house!!!!!!)

PS I bought milk glass. Now I need to paint my bedroom. I'm so lost. What do you do to make small spaces BIGGER???

Eri said...

oh that is so cool! I am in awe of you organising a surprise - I am not good at those sort of things!! Nicely done :)

Heather said...

I really do love the invites,it has a very old typography style to it, very kewl!

BECKY said...

FAB invites!

McCall said...

Sorry to have missed it! Jared had school late and my baby is hard to take out. She cries a lot...poor thing. Looks like fun though. I've gotta come by and see your house all set up...it looks great!

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

You are such a sweet wife. How lucky he is to have you!

Barry Cann said...

I love that ticket! Why didn't I get one? Hmmm?

Seriously, though, that party was excellent. Fun, food, family. I only wish that the audio on my video thing hadn't turned out crappy.

Em said...

Shannon...random question. Did you use photoshop to make that invitation? or some other program?