Thursday, September 10, 2009

{C'est si Bon}

My mom bought me the most wonderful cd for my birthday, full of such lovely French songs. It's called Impressions de Paris, and it's been the most perfect background music to listen to as I close my eyes and imagine I'm sitting at this little cafe, drinking a latte & eating pastries.

"Another pastry for mademoiselle?" the waiter would say in his thick, french accent.

"Oui, oui!" I would respond. "Merci!"

*sigh*
Someday I'll make it to Paris, I keep telling myself...someday...

And while my mind is wandering through Paris, I'll also imagine living in Designer Christian Lacroix's Paris pad. It's up for sale you know. Only 2.5 million.

Someday, right? :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
paula said...

I have the same wish...someday I'll get to Europe. Someday.

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

Oh, Paris! That sounds so heavenly. That CD sounds great. I was in Paris 4 years ago, but it seems like it has been an eternity -- It was so fun. You'll make it there -- try to go before you have kids!!!

Julie said...

I never dreamed that I would go to France and now I've been twice. Paris is fun but very dirty but the France country side is so beautiful. And I would also love to live there, in the country side that is!

The J J Glenn Family said...

AHhh IM taking a trip in my mind right now. AHhhh the pictures of this designers home are breathtaking.

{B} said...

Reminds me of....foux de fa fa....foux de fa fa fa fa :)

sarah marie p said...

I love that little painting! And that apartment/house looks like the coolest thing of all time!

It makes me want to go back to Paris. I can't believe I only had pastries on the second to last day. What was I thinking?!?!

cathycan said...

Mon cherie, may I borrrrow zee c.d. to burn to zee computerrr?
the "rrrr" stand for the french, gutteral r. Au Revoir, mama

Breezy said...

Paris would be delightful~
Go! Enjoy!

Amy! said...

Oh I think I need that CD! Paris is AMAZING, the most magical city I have EVER experienced.. (I want to learn french and move there).. The little sidewalk cafe's are TO-DIE-FOR.. Start saving.. SO WORTH IT!!!!

P.S. I make my photos look vintage in photoshop.. Read a tutorial online or go to http://thepioneerwoman.com/

Talia said...

holy moly, if I could live in a place like that (in Paris, especially), I would probably die of the sheer bliss before I even had a chance to really enjoy it. SO beautiful.