Friday, September 4, 2009

{birthday girl}

Thanks to all of you who wished me a Happy Birthday yesterday! I felt so special getting so many comments, not only on here, but on facebook too! People really come out of the woodwork when it's your birthday! :) My brother Barry even devoted an entire blog post for yours truly (with a sweet photo too)!Don't you love the photo-shopped party hat & cupcake? :) Thanks Barry!

Yesterday was lovely, low key, & relaxing. Andrew and I went to breakfast in the morning, then to the dentist (I know, who goes to the dentist their birthday? But hey no cavities! That's a gift in itself, right?!). After the dentist, I had to go to work, but I was so happy when I got a call from my mom inviting me to lunch! Lunch on your birthday is always the best! After lunch, I went back to work and after, I stopped at the salon for a facial & got my brows waxed (For the first time, mind you! A little scary, but they look simply mah-velous now! Thanks Meg!) To end the night, I went to dinner with my girlfriends since Andrew had school. Can I just tell you that I have the greatest friends in the world? Seriously, these girls are so fun & hilarious, & they just get me! Thanks for coming out with me gals! And since I've been celebrating all week (which you do when it's your birthday), Andrew is taking me out tomorrow night. It's a surprise, but I'll be sure to tell you all about it on Monday! Have a great weekend and thanks again for the Birthday wishes!

9 comments:

Julie said...

Sounds like a fun time!

The Smith Family said...

AH! I'm such a bad friend! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! It looks like you had a blast! I love ya girl, and miss you a TON too!
I need a Real Deals partner in crime out here!
I hope you have an amazing time on your date tonight. Your hubby is so cute. I'm sure it will be great!
HAPPY B-DAY!!
Shelley

Kim said...

Happy birthday! I recently got my eyebrows waxed for the first time as well, and now I'm hooked! I only do it when I get my hair colored, which is about every 3 or 4 months, but it really makes a difference!

Breezy said...

Shan~~ What a lovely young woman you are!! Happy Birthday

cathycan said...

Wow! You girls are all so darling! You must've had all the waiters flirting with y... oh....you went to Trio, I forgot hehe
I'm happy you had such a fun day! Tomorrow we will cap it off!!

Do I have the cutest SIL in the world?? I must have that pic and kudos to Barry's P.S. skills!

paula said...

Happy Late Birthday! Sounds like you had a great one. You'll never pluck again.

Katie said...

Such a great pic! Thanks for counting me as one of your "girls"! Love ya and glad you had a GREAT birthday!!

Mands Glenn said...

Happy Birthday Hottie! Thanks for being born so you can blog and so I can come and enjoy you everyday! Looked like the perfect day

sohobutterfly said...

Ack, I'm late! Happy belated birthday.

(Is that first photo really photoshopped? If so, you truly have some mad photoshop skills!!)