Friday, September 25, 2009

{the big news}

Are you ready for this?
I just finished being filmed and interviewed for KSL's Studio 5!
When I got an email a few weeks ago from one of the producers at KSL asking if I'd be interested in doing a segment on thrift store shopping, I was beyond thrilled, and of course I said yes!
Then I got an email from an old friend (we grew up together) who is now a fabulous reporter for KSL and found out that she would be interviewing me!
So to make a long story short, they came to my house today, we chatted, I showed them some of my projects, and then we went thrifting! I'm so excited for you all to see our fantastic finds! Now, for the next few weeks, I have my work cut out for me! I won't blog about what we found until after the show has aired on October 28 at 11:00 am. You can find more info about the show here!
I'm so excited and flattered to have this opportunity! So set your TiVo's and wish me luck!

20 comments:

Tara said...

Congrats, Congrats! I can't wait to see you on TV.

Kristina P. said...

This is way more exciting that a baby. :)

Congrats!

Karlie said...

AAAAHHHHH!! To heck with Oprah. (I just remembered you almost went on Oprah once remember that? anyway) That is amazing. You definitely deserve it. Can't wait to point and say to myself, "I know her, we are friends:)" LOL!

lifeinredshoes said...

Congradudamnlations! Isn't is validating when you are recognized for something you do so well?
And, I would love to make you some dishcloths, just tell me what colors you would like ;)

Anne said...

Congrats! That is awesome!

Jill said...

That is FREAKING awesome! Fame, here. comes. Shannon. I knew it!Go girl!

Bethany said...

That rocks! I can't wait to see the episode, I need to remember to DVR it. Congrats!

Vintage Soul said...

That's so awesome! I feel cooler just knowing you! lol

Sarah Knight said...

Let us know when it will actually be on! This is exciting!

Barry Cann said...

Hooray! My sister is famous! :)

Breezy said...

Shan~ your talent shines through in all you do, and now you really get to show it off! Congrats to you. I am going to set the recorder so I can watch.

Mands Glenn said...

WORK IT GIRL!

caitlin said...

My Tivo is set. Congrats!

Julie said...

Oh darn I will be in Hawaii then but I'll have to see if my daughter can record it!

Katy said...

HOW EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brandon and Michelle Day said...

I am sooo proud of you and saying Fianlly!!!!

Hawleywood said...

OMG congratulations!! I don't know what KSL is, but that's awesome!!!

Tai and Joe said...

Hey, that's really awesome. Congrats. I went to school and cheered with Brooke Walker who hosts the show. I definitely want to watch.

BECKY said...

Oh my heck that is SO far away!!! How can we wait that long!!!??? Make sure to post a link to the post when it comes! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

Shan! That is SO great! I am so happy for you. I can't say that I'm at all surprised though -- you are so gosh dang talented! Do you know if they air the show online somehow? Oh, the joys of living in California...
And by the way-- love the chair -- totally beautiful! And the wrapping paper hanger is awesome! Love all your ideas!!!