Monday, August 24, 2009

{two wolves}

I've been a bad blogger lately. Sorry. To be honest, I've been in a bit of a funk. Don't you hate moods like that? I do, and so I've decided to do something about it. Thinking positive thoughts and trying to stay motivated isn't always the easiest thing to do, but I realized that creasing my brow & frowning is only going to give me wrinkles & give people the wrong impression. So, I've been trying to smile more, and when my thoughts start wandering down Woe Is Me Lane, I think of all of the good things in my life.

Last night my mom sent me this,and I loved it because it's just so true.

One evening an old Cherokee Indian told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.
He said, "My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all."

"One is Evil - It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego."

"The other is Good - It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

So as I begin this week, I am going to try my darnedest to feed the good wolf, and although the bad wolf will probably get a snack here or there (after all, I'm only human), I'm hoping he's a lot thinner by Sunday.

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I am a big believer in positive energy, but it's hard sometimes!

Hope you get out of the funk soon!

BECKY said...

It seems like a ton of us are going through a 'depressed' funk lately. Keep your chin up... there is soooooooo much to be thankful for.

The Vreelands said...

I think we live in a world were everybody looks at the cup as half empty, I know I do at times. Thanks for the story it is really good.
I was just wondering if you had been getting my emails about the FHE group. I wasn't sure if you still wanted to do it, but we have left a spot open for you. If you could email me at alelba@hotmail.com at let me know that would be great.

Shayner and Ern said...

LOVED THIS!! I CAN RELATE!!

Donna Nielsen said...

Great story-I really enjoy your blog.

paula said...

Love the story...I really needed to read this today. I've been in a funk too. I'll put my "negative wolf" on a diet too this week.

cathycan said...

aaaaawwwoooooo!
That's the good wolf howling.
The bad wolf is mumbling, "I'm hungry!"
I think it's the end of summer blues, the cold and dark cometh!!

Julie said...

What a great story! Its sometime really hard to feed that good wolf but I sure try hard.

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

I love this post. Exactly what I needed to hear right now. Thanks!