Thursday, August 13, 2009

{a sneak peek...}

The "Man Cave" is almost finished. I peeked around the corner at the handyman as he was watching the news online and snapped this picture on my phone.
Andrew has wanted a space of his own for quite some time. When we moved into our home, I promised him I would decorate a room that would be just his....as long as he promised not to haul any transmissions or dirt bikes up the stairs to work on them. It's not that kind of a space- those will stay in the garage! After spicing up a couple of old filing cabinets, putting an old door to good use, and finding some neat, old treasures, his room/office is almost finished.
The wall in this picture looks more salmon-y, but I assure you, it's quite orange! We picked up the glass today for old door desk & it is now complete and I love it! All that is left to do is to put up drapes, reupholster an old chair & ottoman that will sit in the opposite corner, find an old, vintage, but still in good shape desk chair (to replace this yucky, blue parson chair that is in desperate need of a makeover!) & a maybe install a ceiling fan (per request of the handyman).
I don't want to give away too much, so keep your eye out for more to come! (And better pictures too!) Stay tuned!

10 comments:

Julie said...

Looks good! There is several old desk chairs at the store on State Street across from Quilts Etc. just north of 90th South.

lifeinredshoes said...

Such a lucky "Handy" man.

The Smith Family said...

OOOOOOOO I'm SO excited to see all the fun things you've done! I can't wait!
Shelley

Sara said...

Looks good so far! My husband has a man cave too, and my only requirement for it, was to paint it red, since he is a fireman, and there is a lot of fire related stuff in his man cave. I got my way, but it required like 4 coats of paint to make it look good :0)

Karlie said...

Mike would be jealous of this man cave. I love that you get to decorate it! You do amazing work love your ideas. Can't wait to see more.

paula said...

This is the best decorated man cave I have ever seen. My husband's would shock you into silence....it's that bad. He wouldn't let me decorate it. He insisted it was his room and he'd decorate it how he liked. It's a hot tranny mess! eddie veder, jim morrison, skulls, fish, suns, moons, guns, collectible cars, mini bottles of alcohol, shot glasses, hats, toys....EEEEGAD!

Mands Glenn said...

I can't wait to have a Man Cave for my Man someday. I have it all planned out in my head what it will look like. Think we need to become Doctors before I can have the dream Cave for him.

steph anne said...

Lucky you!! My husband won't let me even decorate his "man cave" or do anything with his things. Pfft!

Anyways, it look good!! Can't wait to see more pictures.

Katt said...

I'm lov'n the room! I'm so afraid to go BOLD, but it pays off when you know what you're doing (too bad I don't). I enjoy getting ideas from your blog! Keep it up! You have followers. :)

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

This looks GREAT Shan! I love it! My husband would be SO jealous!