Wednesday, August 5, 2009

{polas}

Okay, so I totally wanted to start this post out with something "Officey" (as in the tv show) like this: "Question: Which camera is best?" (are you picturing Dwight right now too? good) but then I thought, "What if people don't get it?" and after debating for about it for 2 minutes or so, I thought, "Eh, what the heck!" and decided to run with it. SO, here's my real question....

Does anyone have a polaroid camera I can borrow? (I don't need it till September)
or
Would you trust buying a polaroid from DI?
and
Where do you buy film?

I wanted to rent a photo booth for an event, but it's muy expensive! So I thought the polas would be a better, more economical option. Thanks guys!

9 comments:

Vintage Soul said...

I looked into doing this for my wedding and end up going another direction.. but I heard that they are going to stop carrying the film! This was over a year ago. I am sure you can still get it I just have no idea where... Sorry I did not answer any of your questions!

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

Try e-bay for the film; I would buy a camera at DI, test it out, and if it doesn't work, then I think you can take stuff back there... Not positive on that though. If the DI thing doesn't work, try e-bay for the camera too! Good luck!

Adam-n-Tiffany said...

1. I have a camera you can borrow.
2. I think you can still buy the film at wally world (I bought it there last year)
3. You can't take things back to the DI unless they are clothing items. :)

Mands Glenn said...

GOsh, if you see them at your DI buy me one and I will pay you back. I would love one. DI's are pretty sweet in Utah, though. Good luck and have fun!

BECKY said...

You're talking about the camera that spits the picture out, right? If so, I have access to a camera, but no film.

{B} said...

Wal Mart no longer carries the film....good luck finding some! I heard a pack is like 20+ bucks now. I bought a polaroid from the DI but haven't tried it.

steph anne said...

I love photo booths but I agree..they're expensive. :(

You could take pictures with your camera then insert them into polaroid in Photoshop. Just a thought!

The Marquardt Family said...

Sorry I figure this is easier then emailing you! I am posting my nursery pretty soon so you can see. THe colors are whites/creams/ and a light light teal. Very shabby chic. clean/crisp and romantic... you will be the judge to see if I am on...... Glad all is going well with you...

Julie said...

We had one back in the 70's but I've haven't seen one in years. I would check ebay and the internet to see if they even sale the film anymore!