Sunday, July 12, 2009

{this guy knows how to write a love song!}

So, I didn't dance at my wedding. I know....I totally regret it. I'm not sure why we didn't. Maybe because we weren't big dancers, or because there wasn't a "dance floor" at our reception center. Hmm...Anyway, it's the one thing I would change about my wedding day, and today as we were driving down Sardine Canyon after spending the weekend at Andrew's grandma's house, this song came on. Now, if you know me, you know that any sappy love song or even a commercial on TV (usually Hallmark) can make me cry like a baby, so when I heard this song and listened to the words I lost it. Even though I'm not huge into country music, I told Andrew that this is the song we would have danced to. This song is so US. Seriously, when I really listened to the lyrics I was like, "Wow...this is our story!!!" Here are the first couple of verses...


I remember, trying not to stare the night that I first met you
You had me mezmorized
And three weeks later, in the front porch light
taking forty-five minutes to kiss goodnight
I hadn't told you yet
but I thought I loved you then
And i remember, taking you back to right where I first met you,
You were so surprised
There were people around, but I didn't care
Got down on one knee right there once again,
I thought I loved you then
Ahhhh...I'm losing it again just typing that! He did take me back to where we met when he asked me to marry him (a pavilion at a park- we met at a bbq) and I was totally in love with him after 3 weeks. I remember sitting on the couch one night after we had watched a movie and he was falling asleep. I whispered/mumbled "I love you" and he suddenly was awake and said, "What'd you say?" I got scared and said, "Umm...nothing..." but a week after that he told me he loved me, and the rest is history.


Maybe I should plan a trip to Hawaii to "renew our vows" and then we can have our dance....
*sigh*
then again, there's always our 50th wedding anniversary right?



8 comments:

Andrew said...

Hubs here. Just so everyone know that this is exactly how it happened. And no I didn't copy it from this song this is the first I've ever heard it.

I LOVE YOU BABE!

The Sartori's said...

so andy and I plan to renew our vows every five years. for our 5th we are going to Vegas, mostly because we are broke, then hawaii for our 10th. You should do it too then you can dance all you want.
For Vegas we are going to have a theme and do it '20's style. I can't wait to wear a finger wave.

Julie said...

I hate country but I must say that is a pretty good song. We didn't dance at our wedding but we do have a song that we call ours. And we are going to Hawaii in October for our 35th. I so excided its the one place we have never gone too!

jlz said...

I totally love that song!

BECKY said...

Love it. And I say you just dance like crazy in your kitchen or front room. Even put that snazzy dress on and dance the night away. :) Your two year is coming up here soon, right?

Love the pics of the antique store. Looks like super fun!

{B} said...

OMG that is totally our song. I heard that and I was like "wow, was Brad Paisley sitting in on our life" ha ha. I'm glad you like it too!

Shane and Jamie Smith said...

WOw Shannon, thank you so much for making my day... ahaha I love a good old love song... I had no idea Brad Paisley sang that, so thank you!!! :)

The Smith Family said...

ya, I agree about the chair. I found instructions on how to build a bench, so I think I'll do that instead. Seems pretty simple, and THAT is what I really want, anyway.
Thanks.!
Shelley