Wednesday, July 22, 2009

{garden tour}

Remember about a month ago when I talked about going on the garden tour in Utah County? Well, my friend Megan and I went and had a blast! I hadn't seen Meg since her wedding which was about 5 or more years ago, but we picked up right were we left off! Not only did she keep me laughing, but she has quite the green thumb herself and gave me tons of pointers! Here are a few pictures of my favorite gardens!I love the clematis that is climbing on the arbor!

Herb garden surrounded by pavers- isn't it cute?

Little bird nest

I about died when I saw this planter! Succulents + vintage typewriter = garden lust!

Bumble Bee

This was another favorite. My mom as an old bike in her garden too that she's made into a planter. Now I need to find one!

Doesn't the woolly thyme add a softness to the stone pavers?

And last, I love the potted plants on the side of the house!

P.S. This should go without saying, but if you want to use my photos, please ask before you take! Thanks!

16 comments:

Kristina P. said...

How did you even find these?

Eri said...

awesome photos! I wish that bike still worked - it is beautiful!

Julie said...

Where is this at???? I love the bike and its on my list of finds for my garden.

Jill said...

I love it! All of it! Next time you go anywhere, can I come? I need your artistic expertise. I can't even figure out how to pick out paint.

BECKY said...

FABBBBBBBBULOUS! I love the planters on the wall and the wooly thyme. Very cool stuff!

Cody said...

I love the typewriter planter. It's too awesome for words.

Shayner and Ern said...

those are so amazing!

Karlie said...

I will have to take you up on going next year! Amazing pictures. I used to be so passionate about stuff like this. I want it back! The typewriter idea is awesome! I can't wait to see the stuff you find and design for your garden!

cathycan said...

Ahhh, how I have missed my UVRMC Hidden Garden Show... I've missed it now for 2 long, sad years (: {
It is always soo beutiful. Some charmingly hand tended, some more spectacular and prof. designed, always owners willing to share ideas tips and even cuttings! Next year, I will return to you my love!!

nichole said...

how fun to see one of my favorite blogs with a photo of home!

it is my mom's garden with the bike and the white trellises... and she works for Hyde Park (the typewriter and cans of succulents.) serious talent in her thumbs!

Barry Cann said...

Very nice pictures, sis!

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

How fun! Thanks for sharing the pics-- gives me some ideas for my own yard... someday when we find the money and then the time to make it spectacular! :)

Desiree said...

I love the potted plants on the side of the house! I want to do that. Did you figure out how they did it?

de la rose said...

Love all of these images! Especially the typewriter and the bicycle. I think I might try and implement them in our flower shop. So fun!

sohobutterfly said...

Love this! I would totally take a garden tour. My fave is the typewriter too.

cathycan said...

THIS FRIDAY and SATURDAY!! June 10 and 11 go everyone, go!! it's so fun!