Sunday, July 5, 2009

{antiquing & thrifting in Boise}

I meant to post about this sooner, but just as soon as I got home from one trip, we left on another, though this time, it was for pleasure- not business! We spent the 4th of July down in St. George with my grandparents. My parents and brothers also went down, and it was great to spend some time with them!

More about that later though- first, here are some pictures of a little place in Boise called The Shabby House. Seriously, if you're ever up in the area you must stop by! I wish I had driven up to Boise, instead of flown so that I could have taken more treasures home with me! I did leave with a few things though (that I carried on the plane, since they wouldn't fit in my luggage), but the best part is that everything was so inexpensive!
inside the shabby house on the covered back porch- i loved the hanging head board!
outside in one of the many tents filled with lovely treasures! this little blue table would have been one of the treasures i would have taken home, had I driven up!


original green paint!

aren't these retro glasses funky!?

i almost rented a van to drive home in when i saw this iron bed frame- i'm seriously thinking of driving back up for it!

and these were the treasures i carried home with me! can you believe i only paid $16 total?! that's right! mamma's a bargain shopper!

Now, let's start planning our thrifting trip!!!

12 comments:

lifeinredshoes said...

When do we leave?

Kristina P. said...

Man, that place is gorgeous!

Mrs. Priss said...

That green frame is TO DIE FOR! I need to find good thrifting places like that in my area, shoot!

Mands Glenn said...

Ughhh I'm so jealous! Loving your finds and love the hanging bed frame. I need to show Cam. She is probably naming her little girl Gracie. That store looks like a dream come true. OHhh how i wish I had endless amounts of money

Desiree said...

CUTE finds! I used to go antiquing a lot in CT. I have never even thought to go out here though...

Julie said...

Just stopping by!

Ok I want that blue table! I can leave at anytime.

{B} said...

dang it never saved my comment! I'm totally up for some Boise thrifting. :)

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

How fun! I am jealous!

Monica the Bride said...

Love the green mirror. I'd give up my first child for it. Ok, not first, maybe second. *sigh*

Lisa V said...

I live just a few blocks from there and had always driven by, meaning to stop, but never did. I will now! Found you through Design Sponge. Love the concrete balls and your blog!

Thanks for the tip in my own backyard, I'll check out the Shabby House.

Sharon said...

Gosh I'm so jealous that you paid so little for fabulous pieces, if only Calgary was like that.

Laurel said...

I'm a friend of Barry's (his roommate Scott is my brother) I seriously want to get in on this awesome thirft store shopping/ decorating stuff you do! I am so jealous of your skills! Cutest stuff ever!