Monday, June 1, 2009

{overwhelmed}

Sorry for the lack of posts- we don't have the internet hooked up yet. I'm at my parents house borrowing theirs to do some work and I thought I'd take a little bloggy break.

We've loving the new house, but I have to admit, I'm feeling overwhelmed. Now that I can do whatever I want to it, decorating wise, my mind is racing. Should I paint? Wallpaper? What about new sofas? Oh, and landscaping. What can we afford? Should we wait?

I think right now, I just need to focus on getting everything unpacked, de-cluttered, and organized. Then I'll start, one room at a time.

P.S. Does anyone know the best way to clean wood blinds? I mean, really clean them? Not just dust. Would a magic eraser work? Thoughts?

11 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I don't know anything about the blinds, but good luck with the move!

Vintage Soul said...

Where is your new place?

{B} said...

I'm excited to see your new place. :) We aren't able to do a ton since we're in a rental but i'm the type of person that just has to get everything put away and THEN get creative. I get to overwhelmed if I try to swap them. Let me know if you need any help!

LIBERTY POST EDITOR said...

Hire someone.

paula said...

Hire a professional to do it. It doesn't cost as much as you'd think it would and it will be worth it....not to mention, save you tons of time and elbow grease.

The Vreelands said...

When we bought our house our wood blinds were so gross. We took them to a place that cleaned them for us. I look in the phone book but couldn't remember which one I used. There are also places that will come to your house and do it for you too. Hope that helps. You house is adorable. I love it!

lifeinredshoes said...

NO MAGIC ERASER!!! It will take the finish off. I put a couple of nails in the deck, hang up the blinds, hose them down and then use a good cleaner on them. I really like the Windex multi-purpose one.Use a sponge and a soft brush if you need to. You'll be surprised at how easy it is, just takes a little time, but soooo worth it!

Hmmm, maybe I should hire out.
Can't wait to see it!

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

Congrats again! Yes, just unpack first and then worry about making it beautiful -- we are still in the "just unpacked" stage (until the house is officially ours...) Good luck on the blinds... yikes. Sounds like a lot of work!

Lisa K said...

We should do lunch in AF soon! Jill and I can show you some great eateries.

Chris and Logan said...

Your house is so cute, I'm glad I got to come take a peek! I'm sure you'll decorate it fabulously! Just remember: you have time, it doesn't have to all be done at once (even though that would be nice).

Brandon and Michelle Day said...

Yes, one room at a time. :-) I need my wood blinds cleaned too. Just need to find the time