Sunday, June 28, 2009

{much to blog about}

Do you ever get in one of those ruts, where you don't feel like blogging? I've been in one of those for the last month, as you've seen from the lack of posts. I had last week off from work and I spent every waking moment getting my house put together, painting, gardening, & organizing! I think I'm finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel!

Here are a few things that have been happening lately....
First, my friend Scott and his partner Chris came into town from Dallas this past weekend. Chris was in town for work this past week and Scott (one of my co-workers) flew in so they could extend their trip and vacation in Utah for a few days. On Saturday morning, my mom and I took them to the Farmers Market (our first trip of the season) and had a blast! After sampling fresh, locally grown cherries and honey, and after buying bread from Vosen's & kettle corn (a tradition), we went to breakfast at the Blue Plate. We had so much fun talking, laughing, reading horoscopes out of City Weekly, while eating delicious EBT (eggs benedict traditional)! Later that night, Andrew and I picked them up to go to dinner at Trio, and again, my stomach muscles were sore from laughing so hard! I decided it's so good for your soul to have such fun, good friends. Scott, if you're reading this, you can bet I'm on the look out for cheap tickets to Dallas!
Last weekend we celebrated my mom's birthday and fathers day. I told my dad not to worry about buying a cake, because I wanted to make one & utilize my cake decorating kit! Well, 4 chocolate layers with cream cheese frosting filling later, this is what I came up with!

Not too bad, right? I shouldn't have gone over the lettering again, but I still think I did okay for my first try! I also thought this card my dad bought my mom was so cute! Inside it read, "Celebrate like someone forgot to lock the gate" :)

1 comment:

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

Yes, I get in those blogging ruts too. Your cake looks great - and I love the card. Sounds like you had a really fun time with your friends. I love when times are so good that your sides hurt from laughing! It's one of the best feelings in the world!