Monday, May 11, 2009

{weekend thrifting}

I love spending a weekend afternoon thrift shopping! Usually I go by myself, so I can take as long as I want in a store, picking through this and that, making sure I don't miss anything! This weekend was particularly good. I thought I'd share a few of my finds with you!
First, is the milk glass! I was so excited to find so many beautiful pieces in one store! And the best part- The clerk gave me all of this for only $2! What a steal!
Eddie Ross would be so proud!


Sometimes I wish I owned a truck or a van, so that when I find great pieces of furniture, I could take them home! My only purchase for the day was the milk glass, but I was so tempted to pick up these treasures!this little table was only $30! yes, it's missing some hardware, but wouldn't this make a perfect crafting table?isn't that old video camera awesome? and i loved the retro film projector in the back!this was the only vintage camera i found. i have one that is similar, so i decided to leave it for another collectorisn't this lamp cute!? i actually carried this around with me for awhile, before i decided i have enough lamps at homethis little dest reminded me of the desk i had in my room growing up. i love the detail on the drawershad this typewriter been just a few years older (you know the kind with the metal, round keys?) i would have snatched it up! and last, a really cool, retro bread box! i might go back for this- even though i'm not sure what i'd do with it! ideas?

Isn't thrifting fun? Let me know if you want to go!

8 comments:

BECKY said...

Thrifting is fab, it's true! I always choose out the 20 things I like, carry them around forEVER and then decide that I really don't need them and put them all back. It's pathetic, but it's less clutter! ha! Nice finds!

Kristina P. said...

You found some really great stuff. I don't really do garage sales or thrift shops, because I'm not good at visualizing how to make it better.

Karlie said...

Ooh fun! Thanks for sharing the thrifty finds. It helps me to know what to look for when I go. I have never been into the vintage stuff but there are some cool things!

Jessica Kettle said...

and we are twins. its official. i have literally all of the same milk glass (plus duplictates) sitting on top of my refrigerator. so funny! k really, lets do go thrifting- do you live in davis county? i saw that amy does your hair too and i always thought that you were in provo or something. we should hook up.

Robyn said...

I've been blog stalking for a while now and thought I should comment. I LOVE YOUR BLOG! And your hubby said you had a talent, but BOY DO YOU Have a talent!

I have always wanted to go 'thrifting' as you say, but I would have no idea what to do! Yes I want to come!

And now your moving.:(

paula said...

Seriously-we have so much in common. I hope you move out this way. I love to go thrifting also! I'm going to do a post on my great finds this past weekend. You have a great eye for stuff. I have an old vintage bread box like that with flowers painted on it. I got it from my Grandma. I actually use it as a medicine cabinet and put it up high on a shelf. Let's go soon. Seriously....maybe in the next couple Saturdays?

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

What great finds! I am very jealous of all your milk glass! I, too, wish I had a truck -- it'd make hauling those fun finds much easier (and even possible!)

Brandon and Michelle Day said...

Please take me with you next time. I promise I'll be good and won't complain. Those dishes remind me of my grandparents things!!