Tuesday, May 12, 2009

{mothers day gift}

For Mothers Day, I made my mom this bracelet....
I totally underestimated the time it would take to make, but after cutting out the glass, soldering, and attaching them to the bracelet, and seeing her reaction, it was totally worth it! Each charm has a picture of us kids as babies, along with a picture of my parents on their wedding day, as well as my grand parents on their wedding day. Behind each picture, I placed a little saying or monogram that went with that picture.

That's me on the left, then Ty sleeping with his baby bunny, and then Stephen, holding our cat.My parents on their wedding day.

If you're interested in a similar bracelet, email me! I'll be posting more on these charms soon!

14 comments:

Kristina P. said...

What an amazing gift! I'm sure it's one she will treasure forever.

Chris and Logan said...

Holy cow! That is one awesome gift! You are an amazing daughter.

Brit said...

Holy Heck

You are amazing!

You are so talented :)

Desiree said...

Okay, PLEASE start making those for a living! I want one:)

Lisa K said...

Wow. That's a cool bracelet!

Karlie said...

Awesome! I can't imagine putting something so detailed together. Wow.I bet she loved it.

Kim said...

That is so awesome. I want to make one for me!

LIBERTY POST EDITOR said...

I have always loved charm bracelets. You did a great job. Now your family has an heirloom piece. Did you sign it somewhere?

Mands Glenn said...

I want one too! Maybe Christmas time! I will pay ya.

Adam and Bri said...

Hi there! Thanks for commenting on my blog — it means I got to find your blog!

I've had fun perusing your posts. You're a crafty lady, you are. :)

paula said...

This is beautiful! I made one similar to this for a good friend for Christmas but it wasn't near the quality. You did a great job.

cathycan said...

Thanks Sis, it meant the world to me! And Andrew, way to pick out beads!! I love you both, mom

Amy! said...

SO CUTE!!!! I have been wanting a cute "M" charm to wear like that for a necklace.. Can you solder in gold?!!! I bet your mom loved it! Thrifting sounds so fun....I might have to wait until next time.. Hoping to get in a salon ASAP so I can make a little mula! When do you move to your new place?

Talia said...

this has to be one of the sweetest, best, most meaningful mother's day gifts ever. You do amazing work!!