Wednesday, May 13, 2009

{it's in the bag!}

I was browsing the internet last night, looking for a funky, hobo bag to use on my trip next week. After realizing that most of the ones I liked were pretty pricey, I wondered if there was a pattern for a bag I could make! I did find some fun, free, downloadable patterns, but making these will have to wait for another day! I've got a list of things to do before we leave and making a bag isn't at the top!


In the mean time, I thought these patterns were so fun!
I love me some Better Homes and Gardens, so when I found this cute bag on their website, I was thrilled! You can find directions here!

I love the fabric she chose (which you can find at Joanns) and the simple, funky style of it!
As per Rae's request, this pattern is for personal use only. So no making a bunch and selling them! :)

If you're into Yoga, Amy Butler is offering a free pattern for her Nigella Yoga Bag!
And since we're talking about Amy Butler, aren't these little business card holders so cute?! There's also a free pattern for these!


And last, I loved this little coin purse from Ric-Rac. If only I could find some old tape measure's to make it!

10 comments:

The Polka Dotted Owl said...

do they have pilate bags? i really am to lazy to start doing yoga. plus i think my body would rebel and go on strike.

hope you find a bag.

Karlie said...

I love the simple first one. You could do something fun with that one.

The Smith Family said...

Ooo, I LOVE the first bag. SO cute! The fabric is adorable. I'm totally into bags lately... maybe because they always fit. HAHA.
Shelley

Chris and Logan said...

These are all so cute! I think I might try the first one! Yay, Thanks Shan!

alyssa said...

Ahh, Amy Butler, you could NEVER disappoint!!

lifeinredshoes said...

Shan, the cute tape measure bag is actually a print fabric. You can find it at better fabric stores.
That was spoken like a real "fabric snob", sorry?

design gal said...

Red, I've seen the fabric that looks like this, however, if you click on the link above, you'll see that she really did make it with individual tape measurers.

kelly said...

yay! ive been looking for patterns like these!!! we should have a sewing day and make them

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

Thanks for posting this! I want a new bag -- and now I don't have to do the legwork to find patterns! You are awesome!

Flores Hayes said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!

my roommate bought a panda bag!
She is just THRILLED with it and can’t put it down.
hkpanda.freetzi.com