Thursday, April 23, 2009

{woah baby!}

Last night was my friend Tara's baby shower! She is such a sweet girl, and I was glad to help her friend Emily with the preparations.



Em did such a great job with setting everything up so nice! Her house was adorable and I was so impressed with this diaper cake! Isn't it clever?I made the cupcakes & the favors. (That Betty Crocker knows her stuff!) Just throw some canned icing into a disposable frosting bag with a cute tip, add some sprinkles, and you have pretty, delicious cupcakes! The favors were a little tin pot with soil pellets & wheat grass seeds. The card read, "Thank you for celebrating Tara & her little sprout!" & included instructions on how to grow the seeds.

(These were so easy & cheap! Pots: Ikea 3 for $1, Soil Pellets: Walmart 20 for $2 (I put 2 pellets in each pot), Seeds: Engh Gardens $2.95 for a big bag, Velum envelopes: Joanns $1.99 for a package of 10, Ribbon: Joanns $1.50 for a roll (I used the 40% off coupon), and the paper & cellophane I already had.)

Tara got so many cute gifts! These little outfits were my favorite! Can't you just picture a chubby little baby wearing this? Eeee!!!This little guy was Tara's friends new baby. He was so sweet and such a cuddle bunny! Plus, he was such a good baby! He slept most of the night!

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I love throwing showers. You guys did a great job!

Lisa K said...

I love quiet, calm, sleeping newborns. I want Colton to revert back to that stage.

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

Way good ideas for a shower! Love the cupcakes and the favors you made! Thanks for sharing!

lifeinredshoes said...

Oh damn Shan, those babies get me every time!

Tara said...

You're the best, thank you so much for everything you did! You always amaze me!